Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

misalignment of text in epub export

Explorer ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear experts,

I used tables to format some column-based text, but when I export the ID doc to epub (reflowable), the text in the columns are misaligned. is there a way to align them in InDesign? I've attached screenshots of a page from both the ID doc and the epub export, as well as a message that popped up upon export.

(I noticed the table borders didn't export borderless either, but I think I can solve that in Sigil)

Appreciate the help,

Carl

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , How to , Import and export , Publish online , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would avoid table at all cost. They are not responsive and do not work well in reflowable epubs.

That out of the way, you may need to write some custom CSS to align things properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding, Bob, but how would you do multicolumn text that's exportable to the epub format? I thought that epub doesn't recognize columns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Like I said, you may have to write some CSS to get the alignment just right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines