• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Document command not working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the sudden my Indesign is giving me an error box whenever I click File>New>Document or Ctrl+N

A blank error box appears and has %CCX_FNFT_DIALOG_NAME as the header. It won't let me create a new document.

I can still open an existing document however.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Hi, I think I know how to fix your issue.!! I was having the same code except I use Windows 8.1 so after I couldn't find out how to fix it I called Adobe and a man walked me through a couple steps and it fixed it immediately.!!!

Go to:

Edit....then

Preferences....then

General....then

check the box that says....

Use legacy "File New" interface

Click OK

Then try to open a new file

It worked for me...so I'd bet it will work for you too.!!

I hope this is of assistance to you because I know how frustrating "tr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work. Adobe Illustrator won't create a new file and the library panel isn't working. Why in the world would we need to change to the legacy? The software just needs to work properly without workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kellyannmac ,

is your reply meant for Adobe Illustrator or InDesign?

You replied in the InDesign forum.

The Illustrator forum is over there:

Illustrator

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had this issue as well, I had it with ALL CC programs from PS, AI, ID, AE, PR, etc. I tried various things mentioned on these forums, did other googling to no avail. Multiple re-installs, manually deleting all folders left behind in AppData, Program Data and Program Files, after one re-install, Photoshop gave me a more in depth error message. To which I figured out I missed Program Files(x64 and x86)/Common Files/Adobe during my manual deletes.

Anyhow the error led me to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP

In this folder their is a folder named:

Extensions

I renamed this folder to "Extensions2" (You can rename it whatever you want, just so your program cant find it under extensions).

Once I renamed the folder and re-ran my programs they all had back their start screens or new file dialogs. The folder didn't return for some reason, but the only side effect I see so far to not having this folder is my programs work correctly again. Maybe someone can do some more in depth troubleshooting here because I'm no programmer, but this will get you back to running normal from my experience.

EDIT: BTW I am running Windows 10 Pro 1803 x64, I cant guarantee similar results with other versions. Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have narrowed it down to

Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\Extensions\com.adobe.ccx.start-2.2.1

I put all other folders back one by one, luckily this was the last on the list and when I put this folder back the error returned. The date on the folder suggests it was updated on May 1st, I fairly update pretty quickly so, not sure if that was the date the update was issued to figure out which update it was but it disabled the majority of my programs. Unless using the classic "new file" override.

Anyways I thought I would update for new people coming across this so they know they dont have to remove the whole extentions

folder, just the one listed above (or just rename it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love you! I don't know how exactly you figured this out, but that's just great! Had the same problem - All programs just wasn't able to create new document! You can't even imagine what it means to go back to the old NEW DOCUMENT dialog, go in preferences first to change measure units and than create new document!!! How could it even been that way?! Been scratching my head for days now... Thank you so F much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE 2

In my previous post I only tested with Illustrator, seems PS uses another folder because the error was still there. Sooooo the folder

Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\Extensions\com.adobe.ccx.fnft-2.2.1

Also needs to be renamed/removed if you have PS installed as well.

OR OPTION #2 (That I did/how I did it)

Uninstall all programs, ran the cleanup tool

Went through APPDATA/local through APPDATA/roaming and deleted all adobe folders(backup custom actions/brushes, etc.), deleted all adobe folders from program files (x64 and x86), also (x64 and x86) program files/common files adobe folders, also deleted adobe folder from Programdata folder.

Re-installed CC and programs, for some reason this time after all updates the above folders work fine and dont need to be messed with. Not sure what happened, some bug in update I suppose. Only reason I did this was I figured removing those folders may cause errors down the road with updates. But so far just by removing those 2 folders everything seemed to be working correctly again. But since I re-installed everything I cant attest to this going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Yes Yes, It works here thank you very moch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for windows 7 pro K SP1. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked perfectly! Thank you for finding the correction and placing it on this forum. MUCH appreciated!!! Saved everyone who used it hours of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grazie per l'aiuto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue in Photoshop and this suggestion fixed the problem there as well.

Many thanks! x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Useful....Problem solved...Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!! That was driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! This solution worked for me on MacOS, too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just experienced this issue on my PC.

It won't be long until it's a year since the original post and it's still not fixed. That's impressively slow, even for Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello.ahay  wrote

I just experienced this issue on my PC. ... and it's still not fixed.

Hi

Several people have had success with solutions found in this thread where you posted. Please tell us what you have tried that did not work?

~ Jane

New Document command not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your the man, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michaney721's answer saved me! thank you. It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem.  Not an issue with your OS or your Machine. 

Close Illustrator.  Open the C:/ drive>program files 86>common files>Adobe>CEP

Cut the CEP folder and paste on desktop. 

Restart Illustrator

Worked for me.  

I then deleted the folder and all was well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ArlingtonFrogFace,

Restart Illustrator?

Hm.

You are posting in the InDesign forum.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic. This was really helpful. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines