Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Batch renaming has stopped working in LC 10.3

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

Has anyone else encountered this problem. I can rename a single file, but not a batch rename of 726 files anymore.

When I export to jpegs the rename function works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Greetings,

The Max 2021 Photography products updates have been released and include remedies for this topic.  The updates will be rolling out worldwide, October 26 and 27, 2021. If you do not see the updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can refresh the apps to see if the updates are available in your region.  The keyboard shortcut to refresh is [Cmd/Ctrl] + [Opt/Alt] + [ R ]. 

Note: iOS and Android updates may take up to a week to appear in your App Store.

Thank you for your pat

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
53 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

The Max 2021 Photography products updates have been released and include remedies for this topic.  The updates will be rolling out worldwide, October 26 and 27, 2021. If you do not see the updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can refresh the apps to see if the updates are available in your region.  The keyboard shortcut to refresh is [Cmd/Ctrl] + [Opt/Alt] + [ R ]. 

Note: iOS and Android updates may take up to a week to appear in your App Store.

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

On version 11.0, Windows 10, and I still have that problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. I just updated my LRC to v12.1 but prior to that, I've been trying to clean up a real mess from moving images and catalogs from over 2 decades of photography from old Dell laptop to new Win 10 desktop PC with lots more storage, RAM, etc. The problem I started with was that after merging old catalog from laptop and newer catalog from desktop into one fresh catalog, not only are many of my photos duplicated, they are also stamped with a very long string of date and time data that I'm trying to strip out. No easy task. So in my efforts, my workflow to untangle this is to go through every folder in LRC and identify images that are related (could be 2 photos of same subject or hundreds), selecting them all (in Library module), and using the Metadata panel on the right, doing a batch rename (using mostly custom text + sequence # (starting with 1)). I have spent 4 whole days combing the internet to find a better, faster way to do this. No luck. What I'm noticing is that in LRC, my files show the rename is successful. However, when I go to my Windows Explorer, those same images reflect no change (old long string of date/time still exists). I did some digging and looked at folder properties (C:/users/myname/Pictures), and the whole folder is set to READ ONLY! What the...??? I unchecked this box, including all subfolders, and then did a Synchronization on the Pictures folder in LRC (right click on the parent folder, Pictures, in LRC folders panel on left) for good measure. Tried again, and IT WORKS this time. I just tested this out by renaming one photo in LRC, and then hit F5 (refresh) on Windows Explorer showing the image in the folder it exists, and the renaming was reflected correctly. Yay! I then tested it with all 20 images in the same folder, renamed them with a unique text plus a number sequence (start with 1), and then hit refresh (F5), and it updated over on Windows. Now I'm going to try with 100 or so images.

TL;DR: CHECK THE PROPERTIES on folders where the images are stored and ensure that they are NOT SET TO READ ONLY.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate