Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Batch renaming has stopped working in LC 10.3

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

Has anyone else encountered this problem. I can rename a single file, but not a batch rename of 726 files anymore.

When I export to jpegs the rename function works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Greetings,

The Max 2021 Photography products updates have been released and include remedies for this topic.  The updates will be rolling out worldwide, October 26 and 27, 2021. If you do not see the updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can refresh the apps to see if the updates are available in your region.  The keyboard shortcut to refresh is [Cmd/Ctrl] + [Opt/Alt] + [ R ]. 

Note: iOS and Android updates may take up to a week to appear in your App Store.

Thank you for your pat

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
53 Comments
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've upgraded to 10.4 and the issue is still not resolved. Anyone from Adobe want to chime in here? This is a major workflow feature that I rely upon heavily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following this thread. This BUG has been a HUGE issue for me all year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huge problem for me.  replying to follow.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now just using 10.1.1 Which renames files ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rolled back to 10.1.1 and was able to rename... but GRRRR  plugins and custom export presets all gone.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact same thing is happening to me. I can only rename 1 photo at a time through lightroom; not even 2! I can rename all of them upon export just fine, but the Batch Renaming feature isn't working. Glad it isn't just me! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe support and after some digging they confirmed that this is a bug. No promises as to when this would be fixed. I also noticed, that while I could not correctly batch rename files on my laptop, it worked fine on my main workstation after importing the library. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just encountered this myself yesterday. Frustrating. Good to know that it is a known bug, but wow Adobe really needs to fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced the same issue when tryng to batch rename a folder of raw and tiff files.  I was forced to do the batch rename in Bridge which is not my workflow.  However optimizing the catalog seemed to fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge sounds like a good work around for now. Optimizing the catalog didn't work for me unfortunatly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:  I rolled back and successfully did the rename.  Then - I upgraded LR back to latest release and still have rename working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe export the folder as a new LRCAT. Seemed to work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue rn. Just removed and re-imported all of the images and it's working again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boa tarde. Estou com o seguinte problema:

Trabalho com casamentos e importo arquivos de câmeras diferentes. Depois de sincronizar os arquivos (ajustando o horário das câmeras) eu renomeio todos antes de começar a editar.

Exemplo: João-e-Maria

Depois de finalizar a edição, eu renomeio novamente pois algumas vezes acontece de excluir algumas fotos durante este processo. Então renomeio para os números dos arquivos ficarem sequenciais.

Mas para já evitar algum problema, eu mudo o nome de todos. Exemplo: Casamento-João-e-Maria

Acontece que em um catálogo que estou editando, ao renomar novamente, apenas cerca de 70% dos arquivos mudararam para o nome correto. O restante ficou com o antigo.

E o mais estranho: aconteceu aleatoriamente. Arquivos da mesma pasta, estão com nomes diferentes mesmo sendo sequenciais.

Exemplo: Os 10 primeiros arquivos, o 3º e o 9º ficaram com o nome antigo. E a confusão segue em todo o catálogo.

Se eu alterar manualmente o nome destes arquivos que não mudaram, um por um, eles mudam. Mas a ideia é fazer em lote (pois são 1000 arquivos aproximadamente).

O que pode estar acontecendo? Alguém já passou por algo parecido?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon. I have the following problem:

I work with weddings and import files from different cameras. After syncing the files (adjusting the cameras time) I rename them all before starting to edit.
Example: João-and-Maria

After finishing editing, I rename again because sometimes I have to delete some photos during this process. Then I rename again.

But to avoid any problems, I change everyone's name. Example: Marriage-João-and-Maria

It turns out that in a catalog I'm editing, when renaming again, only about 70% of the files changed to the correct name. The rest got the old one.
And the strangest thing: it happened randomly. Files in the same folder are named differently even if they are sequential.

Example: The first 10 files, the 3rd and the 9th got the old name. And confusion continues throughout the catalog.

If I manually rename these files that haven't changed, one by one, they change. But the idea is to do it in batch (since there are 1000 files approximately).

What could be happening? Has anyone been through something like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue and it is literally making my life very very difficult right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are any of those ones that do not renamed, virtual copy's?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many others have reported problems with batch renaming in recent versions of LR. Some have reported that rolling back to LR 10.1.1 avoids the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could possibly related to this issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-batch-renaming-has-stopped-working-in-lc-10-... 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, cannot batch rename, but only happens in folders with more than 100 images (so far).
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have found a way around this glitch and not sure why it works.

I import all my files, either edit and work on them or do this next step then edit them.

Simply Export as original or .dng or .tif or or .jpg in super high res. Then Re-Import those files and then you can batch re-name as usual, seems to be working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad i'm not the only one having problems here - but what a completely appalling situation. This is creating so much stress for me ... just fix the bug already !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something which has worked for me - export as Catalog, and then rename - seemed to work ...

Votes

Translate

Translate