• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crop tool showing last image (GPU on)

LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have updated to LR Classic CC 7.3  Develop module when using the crop tool it shows the last image cropped for about 1 second before showing the current selected image.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018
Hi,

Lightroom Classic 7.4 was released today and should address this issue.  Please update your Lightroom to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the issue. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,
Smit Keniya

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018
We have logged a bug for this. We are working on fixing this and update here when we have a fix for the same.

Thanks,
Smit Keniya
Lightroom Classic CC Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
78 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This annoying bug has been fixed in LR Classic V7.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 7.4 was released earlier today and should have a fix for this issue. Give it a try and let us know if you continue to see this problem. Thank you for your patience!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of us using Lightroom Classic CC and working on desktops, when will this update become available?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is already available. If you don't see it in your Creative Cloud app as an update, refresh your app by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[R] 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  When I had checked a few minutes ago only the Lightroom CC showed an update. Now the Lightroom Classic shows an update as well as Photoshop. 
Thanks,
Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rikk, the bug is gone for me. Keep up the good work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it and the bug seems to be gone.  Thanks for taking care of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not installed the update yet and the bug even doesn't appear anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in sone situations there is still a short flickering of the previously cropped image in LR 7.4.
It can best be seen when you change the Folder/Collection, select an image and press the R key.
To me the behaviour seems somehow different dependend on which GPU mode you use (DirectX or OpenGL (via setting the config.lua flag)):
With OpenGL the screen gets black for a while until the image to be cropped is displayed.
With DirectX the probability for the short flickering of the old picture is higher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ m using Lightroom Cc 7.4 release on Windows 10. When I use the crop overlay tool it reverts to previous photo and stays there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most are reporting it fixed. Let's reset your preferences and see if that cures it for you:  

A Preference File will survive a Lightroom uninstall/reinstall. Sometimes weird behavior is corrected/cured by resetting the preferences. 

Reset Procedure:

1. Close Lightroom.
2. Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom. 
3. Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.
4. Close Lightroom.
5. Restart Lightroom.

Does the previous image with crop tool behavior continue after resetting the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug seemed to go away for me with 7.4 and currently is showing signs of it again with 7.5.
I tried the reset preferences procedure and it did not fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed the same thing. It doesn't last as long as it did before and doesn't do it all the time.  Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 running Adobe Lightroom Classic [1186149].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Can a moderator revert the status of this thread please? This is not solved and I’ve also highlighted it previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread is not marked as solved, Jerry. It currently has no status. I am changing it from No Status to Acknowledged. The bug cross-referenced here is still open but I do not have a time frame for resolution that I can share at this time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it was for me or the other Jerry, but thanks for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Sorry, I removed the solved status and forgot to mention it!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't show the last image anymore but the lag is still there. It's just the background instead of the last image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At my system it DOES show the last image for a very short time.
"funny" detail: when you press <ctrl+r> at a video the display shows "video is not supported in develop module". When you switch back to the library, select an image and press <ctrl+r> this dialog window "video is not supported in develop module" is shown for a short time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So not sure if this is a fix but the problem seems to have gone away.
I've done two things recently and not sure which one if any have fixed the problem but figured I would share in case someone else wanted to test it.
First thing I did was disable LogiOptions plug-in in plug-in manager. I did this in an attempt to remedy another problem I was having after deleting images from a collection.
The second thing I changed recently was the Tool Overlay option after the Crop function is selected.
I usually kept that on Always but changed it to Auto.
I just edited the first 350 images from a wedding and not once did it flash to an old image.
In the past, I would have to restart LR after about 50-100 images because I couldn't stand it anymore. 
Hope this helps!!

Cheers,
Toby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem today running LR 8.0 - the previous image and crop does not go away. I went to set preferences and unchecked the box about using the GPU. The LR display (in my background) immediately changed to the correct image. I thought I'd go back and turn on the GPU to see what would happen then - when I got there in the LR preferences, I found the the Use GPU box was already checked! I don't think that should be the case, since I just unchecked that same box. Is this a different bug, or a "feature?" I vote for "Bug."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem today running LR 8.0 - the previous image and crop does not go away. I went to set preferences and unchecked the box about using the GPU. The LR display (in my background) immediately changed to the correct image. I thought I'd go back and turn on the GPU to see what would happen then - when I got there in the LR preferences, I found the the Use GPU box was already checked! I don't think that should be the case, since I just unchecked that same box. Is this a different bug, or a "feature?" I vote for "Bug."

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is still a thing with the latest and greatest version 9.0 of Lightrooom Classic. Unbelievable. 
How can they not be fixing this? It's like Adobe just does not know how to handle the GPU acceleration. Shaking my head....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the most current version of Lr Classic w/ Windows 10.  When I toggle the Crop tool OFF, I see a flash of another image... or perhaps a zoomed-in part ot the existing image, before the crop tool is deactivated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing, nothing changed...

Votes

Translate

Translate