• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Develop presets not sorting correctly

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheyRackMultipart201804039331215qg-c8f7b329-4af5-42e3-ba14-bd44aef398bd-279039350.pngRackMultipart201804039331215qg-c8f7b329-4af5-42e3-ba14-bd44aef398bd-279039350.png used to be sorted alphabetically. In version 7.3 the order is random

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018
We're investigating this issue. Thanks for reporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 123 Replies 123
123 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Lose Preset Folders when you Import a new folder of presets. All newly imported presets display ONLY in USER PRESETS folder. Not individual folders.

That will NEVER work. Allow us to import a folder as we did in the past. We cannot work with hundreds of presets in the User Folder. Did Adobe do any beta testing on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My presets are in order, other than 1, 10, 11, 12, then 2, 20, 21, 3, 4, 5 ... come on, what is this, the 1990s? I haven't seen ordering like than since last century. SMH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will chime in too that I have purchased many presets and spent hours organizing them so they appear above the defaults, using = and 1,2,3 to flow in a way that is fast for me. This is a major cramp in my editing time to search around for the ones I want. Please fix asap, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I still paying Adobe for this software...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was just thinking the same thing last night... used to love love love lightroom.. now not so sure.. give me my presets back.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shai,

I recognize those presets! 😛

Don't worry, I'm almost done with our solution. Will be rolled out very soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently re-renaming ~400 presets. I know how frustrating this is, and based on the nature of the problem I know how slim my chances are that a LR update could fix the problem, sooner than I could...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you rename the presets so that i can re input them into lr?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you are at it - make it so we can delete the defaults 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a workaround from https://lightroomkillertips.com/managing-develop-presets-7-3-update-classic/

As far as I can tell, the only way within Classic to create new preset folders is to create a new (dummy) preset, and within the New Develop Preset dialog, you can click the Group drop-down menu and choose New Group to create a new group/folder for your new preset. Once the preset is created, it will be in the new folder you created at the same time. You can then drag and drop presets into that folder as needed. Note, empty folders disappear, so don’t get rid of your dummy preset until you put others in that folder. You can use this convoluted process to rename a folder by creating a new folder with the renamed-name, moving presets into that new folder, and the empty folder with the old name goes poof.
Check out the link for more info and photos of the steps required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @john TheBikeman. I just read that link over in a LR Facebook group. Great minds think alike! You are so kind to respond. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's  a little trick... You can delete all the default "classic" folders, which makes it at least a little more usable.

On Mac, right-click on the Lightroom CC Classic (inside the Lightroom CC Classic folder, in your Application folder). And select "Show Package Contents"

RackMultipart20180406965081vr5-43197def-a9df-4e3f-8d87-dad57bc4a12b-1363922085.png

Navigate to "Contents > Resources > Settings" and then delete the "Classic"  folder

RackMultipart20180406108714owd-7c4a9124-1f23-4d1c-b4e1-d77b10b11481-2085892124.png

Restart Lightroom CC Classic, and BOOM! No more of those annoying Classic folders!

RackMultipart2018040612552212u-59d0901e-592d-441f-b881-ebad28f2931b-1087643861.png

There. That looks a little better.

I haven't been able to get the other defaults off... even after deleting them, they still persist.  It's like trying to delete Internet Explorer off of Windows...

Hope that helps!
-Nate

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, why are the default folders always stuck on the top? This is highly annoying, even with the favourites thing. It's getting in the way of my workflow.
Also, why is there no way to rename a folder, or delete it. Auto-Delete when empty is a bit silly, and breaks fodler creation right now.

The new update is awesome, but your changes to the preset interface are just no good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... I got tired of updating presets manually, so I went ahead and built a bash script for Mac users that fixes sorting automatically...

Tested with around 1,000 presets on OS X El Capitan... took about 10 seconds for the script to go through all of them, restarted Lightroom Classic 7.3, and everything is ordered just like it was. 🙂

Just put the script and instructions to use up for free on my website. http://natephotographic.com/lightroom-classic-7-3-presets-sorted-wrong-order/

Really curious to hear how it works for other (especially Sierra and High Sierra folks)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... I got tired of updating presets manually, so I went ahead and built a bash script for Mac users that fixes sorting automatically...

Tested with around 1,000 presets on OS X El Capitan... took about 10 seconds for the script to go through all of them, restarted Lightroom Classic 7.3, and everything is ordered just like it was. 🙂

Just put the script and instructions to use up for free on my website. http://natephotographic.com/lightroom-classic-7-3-presets-sorted-wrong-order/

Really curious to hear how it works for other (especially Sierra and High Sierra folks)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow Nathan, great work and thanks alot for sharing!  
I notice that the script works on the original .lrtemplate files, and then LR Classic will re-convert them into the xml format.  My question is - what happens to the presets that have already been converted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that the new version is a mess.  I too am seriously considering abandoning LR.  It will be painful, but so is dealing with Adobe's continual release of dysfunctional 'improvements'.
   In this release not only are they messing with how the user is able to customize and reorder presets, but the new Profiles functionally absolutely screws up and adds unnecessary / unwelcome complexity to managing image tonality. 
   You'd think that Adobe would be testing their products before release; and that they'd be using Focus Groups to assess their new ideas - apparently not.  Its up to the customer to find the problems after the buggy software is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Art, I agree this release is a bit of a mess... but they are bugs that will be ironed out in future updates.  In the meantime there is a simple solution - simply revert back to version 7.2 and it will work perfectly as it did before... (this is what I have done).

I do believe that the new 'Profiles' work a bit differently under the hood, but as far as my workflow goes they are just the same old profiles doing what they always did.  We've all been using them for years whether we were aware of it or not, the only difference is that now they are more visible at the top of the basic panel.  But as far as I see it is a UI change only, and it need only affect your workflow if you want it to.

Good luck anyway... !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

OK - so removing the ~ from the .lrdevelop file causes it to overwrite the equivalently named .xmp file when it is re-converted.

The script I wrote will only do this in cases where there is found to be a mismatch between the "internalName" and the "title". So it should only overwrite the .xmp files where there was a mismatch. This should help at least limit issues caused by conversion, or accidentally overwriting a .xmp file you have changed. That said, if you've made a lot of changes to the .xmp files directly, probably a good idea to backup before using the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I deleted them, did a search for one of them (just to see if it was still anywhere on the system), and rebooted.  They're still there and still functioning.  Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Stefan.  The inability to reorder to suit the User's preference is highly frustrating and impacts my workflow.  I believe this should be fixed as high priority matter.  (FYI: I'm on a Windows 10 system.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any progress on this Lightroom? It is a serious productivity crusher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just rolled back to previous version till this is resolved. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2401313

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Adobe release a fix to this? It’s been few weeks now. Huge amount of Lightroom users are still having issues and are paying for a service. Rolling back to a previous version shouldn’t be a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem, presets are a mess and it's not possible to find anything. It ruins the whole workflow I have created. I think Adobe you should stop charging a subscription fee until you fix your software so that users won't have to downgrade to be able to use it...

Votes

Translate

Translate