• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Flag & Color Label Shortcut Issues (Specific Languages AZERTY)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encounter an issue with the latest update (V11) on shortcuts to assign a color label (6,7,8,9).
Those shortcuts won't anymore assign a color label, it will now only remove the color label. 
The shortcut "Assign a color label and go to next photo" (Shift+6 to 9) still work well as previously.
Please fix this adobe, my culling speed depend on it. 
Thanks in advance,

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Setting status - adding bug number

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 144 Replies 144
144 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the preference file as described in Method 1 at https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, 

A priori le problème ne se présente que lorsqu'on utilise un clavier non Qwerty (Azerty par exemple) avec MacOs en configuration Anglaise (ou US). C'est un bug reconnu par Adobe mais qui touche un trop faible nombre d'utilisateurs pour qu'ils semblent s'en préoccuper (cela remonte déjà à + de 2 ans). Enfin il ne faut pas perdre espoir :-). 

Dans mon cas j'ai trouvé un contournement en programant ces touches de (6 à 9) sur ma tablette Wacom. 

Autrement si vous changez la langue au niveau de Mac OS pour revenir en français cela devrait résoudre le problème (dans mon cas je préfère rester en configuration anglaise). N'hesitez pas à faire un Upvote pour sensibiliser Adobe. J.M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised this problem is not solved yet... I just voted for it.

The workaround I found uses "BetterTouchTool" software.

I just assigned - only for Lightroom - for each numpad key a shortcut with the non-numpad equivalent.

(for example Pad6 -> Shift §)

This seems to work properly.

I'd prefer Adobe to solve the issue though 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just switched back to Mac after years on Win and I'm scared how bad is the support from Adobe and Apple. Bug seems to exists for years already and I face it on fresh new Mac and Ligtroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, it really helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some time I have the problem with starring and coloring but strangely not picking!

So, I use auto advance since forever but now, when I want to allocate a color or a number of stars, it is apllied to the selected photo AND the next one and the following (third) one becomes the selected photo.

Normally, the next one should become the selected photo but every decision I take is directly applied onto 2 photos. Unfortunately, it is not possible to use auto advance anymore for that reason... Can someone have a solution?

LR Classic 12.4 on MAC OS 13.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I still have the same problem and still no solution... Anything new on your side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I still have the same problem, anything new on your side? This is becoming really annoying now 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it's still an unfixed bug. I have to switch to the American keyboard, then everything works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing new for a French keyboard ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a French AZERTY keyboard, when Photo > Auto Advance is set, typing 1 through 5 on the numeric keypad sets the star rating of the current photo and the next photo and then advances to the third photo.  See the attached screen recording.

Tested on LR 12.4 / Mac OS 13.4 with an Apple Magic Keyboard (French AZERTY) and US English keyboard.  To reproduce:

1. Connect a French AZERTY keyboard with numeric keypad.

2. Select French as the current keyboard input method:

johnrellis_0-1687316322244.png

3. In LR, go to Library Grid view, select the first photo, and type 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the numeric keypad.  Observe that each time, two photos get the star rating and the third photo is selected.

4. If you don't have a French AZERTY keyboard with numeric keypad, attach a US English keyboard with numeric keypad and leave the current keyboard input method at French.

5. In LR, go to Library Grid view, select the first photo, and type 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the numeric keypad.  Observe that each time, two photos get the star rating and the third photo is selected.  

Steps 4 and 5 show the bad behavior with my Apple Magic Keyboard (US English), not sure how it might behave with other US English keyboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A workaround is to turn off Photo > Auto Advance. Then typing 1 - 5 on the numeric keypad will assign a star rating without advancing. Typing 1 - 5 using the top-row keys (Shift &, Shift é, etc.) will assign the star rating and auto advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a French AZERTY keyboard?  I just filed a bug report about this:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/typing-1-5-on-french-azerty-numeric-keypad-wit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the problem is actually with the french keyboard only! When I switch keyboard the problem is gone... Thank you for that temporary solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour la communauté
Depuis pas mal de temps, lorsque j'applique les notes aux photos avec le clavier numérique Apple (droite), la note s'applique a deux photos de suite.
Je suis donc obligé de le faire avec les chiffres en haut du clavier. 
Avez-vous une idée de la raison ?
Merci

Je viens d'installer la version 12.5 et ça le fait toujours.
Mac OS Ventura 13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a French AZERTY keyboard? There's a longstanding bug with using the numeric keypad on AZERTY keyboards. You can switch to a QWERTY keyboard or you can use this workaround to make the top-row keys act like the top-row keys of a QWERTY keyboard:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-flag-amp-color-label-shortcut-issues-specifi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a first step try is to reset the preferences to the default settings.

• Reset Procedure:
  • Close Lightroom.
  • Windows: Hold down [Alt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.
    Mac: Hold down [Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.
  • Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.
  • Close Lightroom.
  • Restart Lightroom.

It's recommended to backup your preferences before you reset the preferences to the default settings: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK 
I can see here that the problem is well identified and that Adobe don't care as far as there are not enough vote.
Il will try some of the workaround suggested here, and vote if I can find how to do it
thanks everyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The procedure proposed by Axel doesn't work for me.

As a workaround, I don't use the number pad on the right but the numbers above the letters. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The procedure proposed by Axel doesn't work for me."

Right, resetting preferences won't fix this bug.

"As a workaround, I don't use the number pad on the right but the numbers above the letters."

Note that to type a number on an AZERTY keyboard with the top-row keys, you need to hold Shift. That will toggle the setting of Photo > Auto Advance. Thus, by default, when you type a number, LR will apply the rating and advance to the next photo. 

If you don't want that to happen, then check the menu item Photo > Auto Advance, and typing a number will no longer auto advance.  

Votes

Translate

Translate