• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Library Previews not updating

Participant ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This hasn't ever happened to me previously and I edit hundreds of images a day, as a wedding photographer. Has only appeared since latest update (so far as I've seen). 

Edit an image in Develop mode, normally the thumbnail at the bottom would auto update with the new preview/look. It doesn't anymore. Go to Library mode to check, no, no update to the preview, it's still the old look. Force rebuild standard preview (and 1:1 preview) no effect. The Library preview will not update to the new look created in Develop mode. 

Quit LR, then restart it, the preview is updated. 

Even did a Sync of one process, which was converting to BW across 5 images. Four of the images changed profile to the new look, the 1st image in the group didn't. Stuck with previous old version of the look. Quit and restart LR it changed to new look. 

MacOSX 10.15.7

Hampshire Wedding Photographer / Documentary Wedding Photographer
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13.  Using this release we are no longer able to reproduce this error internally. Please install the update and let us know if the issue has disappeared for you as well.

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 243 Replies 243
243 Comments
Participant ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about using the import button, with the option to build 1:1 preview on import for just one time, and then seeing if that somehow resets the Lightroom bug?

This was also something that I did before noticing that the bug went away, but I didn't know whether or not it was part of the cause. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.3.1 on Apple M1 has the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I guess if they moved the bug report out of the bugs section, maybe the bug will not be looked fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting status to Investigating

Some customers are reporting that reverting to 11.2 provides relief on the issue. This can be used as a workaround until an update is released. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all! The latest update with Lightroom Classic 11.3.1 has become a huge time suck. When I edit, I like to apply the same settings to the other images taken in that same spot/lighting. And then I usually hit N to bring up those pics in LIBRARY view to compare them all and make sure the settings work on each one. Or I will cull down to my fave few of the batch. 

Well with the latest update, the synced settings take a significant chunk of time to apply. And in my normal workflow, if I apply the sync settings and hit N like I normally do, the edits don't apply at all to the images when in LIBRARY MODE. I have to go out back into DEVELOP mode and then wait for the settings to update (and sometimes, they don't until I open the image in the main stage. The thumbnails will not reflect the changes.  So I have to literally go through each pic until the settings update. This is a huge wrench in the efficient process I have honed over the past 15 years. Is this something others are experiencing? Here is an example. In case it's not clear in the video, I start off doing the “Ctrl + Shift + S" to apply the same edits to the selected photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  My develop edits are not displaying when I return to grid View.  It's very annoying.  I am trying to process thousands of images for weddings and I cannot quickly assess my work without the Grid View showing my edits.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem. I'm on the latest version of LR clasic as of 5/5/2022. The sync setting copy, it's just random thumbnails that don't update for me. Sometimes going into dev mod for the image will update the thumbnail. If I exit LR they will update on restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thumbnails for random images not updating in LR classic on windows 10 when using Sync Settings/Synchronize from the Library Module. Selecting the image and rebuilding the preview show message that all previews are up to date. Thumbnail still doesn't update. I have to exit lightroom and restart for the thumbnails to update. The sliders show the setting were transferred, it's just the thumbnails that doesn't update. I’m on the latest versions of the apps. 11.3.1. I see where others have reported similar issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this issue, and it has only started happening within the past month.  I'm on Windows 10 Pro, version 21H2, with Lightroom Classic 11.3.1.  Any adjustments I make in the Library module (typically via Auto Tone or other Quick Develop options) do not reflect at all in the Library preview.  However, the adjustment badge shows up on the photo in the filmstrip, and the edits show when I switch to the Develop module.  Only when switching back to Library from the Develop module does the preview finally update.  As a note, the histogram also does not change until I go to the Develop module.

Restarting the application via Edit > Preferences > Restart Lightroom Classic resolves the issue temporarily, but it has consistently come back.  I haven't yet observed the cause or timing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the reset and it worked for a few minutes and then reverted back to not working. It seems often I can see the correct image in Develop, but I do most of my work from Library so it's not ideal to go back and forth. I am trying to do keywords and looking on the back of old film print photos for information, so not being able to rotate them as I always could until a couple weeks ago is adding a lot of time to my workflow. Any other ideas how to get rotate to work? Sometimes I literally try more than a dozen times in the library module trying to get it to rotate. This is a new problem, so I assume a bug. I am on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for a few minutes, then it reverted to not rotating no matter how I tried to do the commands. I've used Lightroom for years and this problem only appeared a couple weeks ago with no change from my end so I assume it's a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, I think this is another instance of Library previews not updating:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-library-previews-not-updating/idi-p/12897363 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it.

The problem ususally goes away after restarting and, after a while, it shows again.

I'll mark it as correct in a few days if the problem doesn't come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of people have been reporting that Library previews aren't updating properly:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-library-previews-not-updating/idi-p/12897363 

11.3 and 11.3.1 are much buggier than usual, so rolling back to 11.2 might be something to consider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggested, I tried by resetting LR preferences.  It didn't make any difference, the problem is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nach zuschneiden eines Fotos werden die neuen Abmessungen nicht in der Bibliothek angezeigt. Es wird weiterhin die Originalgröße bei Freigestellt angezeigt. Das ist seit dem letzten Update leider so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

When an edit applied in Develop mode is synced across a number of images, it reverts back to the original on some of the images when I come out of Develop and go into Library mode.

If I fully open up one of these images it may or may not put the synced edits back on,  but more often than not they will then disappear when I scroll onto another picture.

What is happening?  I have never had this before.

FYI,  plenty free space on Windows PC (40%)

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps.  Just to add,  LRC has been completely deleted and reinstalled without any improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I spoke to soon. Still having isssue. See attached video. You can see that if I'm looking at it in Shortcut "D" mode it shows the crop, and if I'm in Shortcut "E" mode it does not. Very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another example. This is very frustrating as it's a big part of my workflow. I will attempt to make a couple underexposed images match the rest of the batch and as I go back to look through them to see if the edit has accomplished that I don't get to see that edit. Please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this has been an ongoing issue for at least six months now and i guess it's getting worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate