• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Classic: Applying develop preset to multiple images transfer all settings

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a preset for sharpening. When I select multiple images and apply this develop preset there is a weird behaviour. The preset is applied but also all other images get develop settings from the active image in the selection.

This started happening in 10.4. I use this regularly and it never behaved like this.

test_preset-67003eb1-7c3e-4b02-adc3-7a1fca6e16f0-248961127.pngtest_preset-67003eb1-7c3e-4b02-adc3-7a1fca6e16f0-248961127.png

Lightroom Classic version: 10.4 [ 202108071231-af9219b9 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition
Version: 10.0.19043
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 12
Processor speed: 3,1GHz
SqLite Version: 3.34.0
Built-in memory: 49076,1 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 49076,1 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 4036,5 MB (8,2%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 5463,4 MB
GDI objects count: 818
USER objects count: 2310
Process handles count: 3956
Memory cache size: 3950,8MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 13.4 [ 872 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 924MB / 24538MB (3%)
Camera Raw real memory: 932MB / 49076MB (1%)
System DPI setting: 144 DPI (high DPI mode)
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 3840x2160
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: Yes, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: 
DirectX: Radeon RX 580 Series (27.20.22001.14011)

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Greetings,

The Max 2021 Photography products updates have been released and include remedies for this topic.  The updates will be rolling out worldwide, October 26 and 27, 2021. If you do not see the updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can refresh the apps to see if the updates are available in your region.  The keyboard shortcut to refresh is [Cmd/Ctrl] + [Opt/Alt] + [ R ]. 

Note: iOS and Android updates may take up to a week to appear in your App Store.

Thank you for your pat

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Settings status to Acknowledged

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 107 Replies 107
107 Comments
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why aren't big bugs like this hotfixed? Why does it take (already) more than a month before a patch is released? Why are game developers able to release patches so much faster than Adobe? People's jobs don't depend on playing games, yet those companies are so much more responsive than what we see here... why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Lightroom Classic Version 10.4 

Windows 10 Pro BuildNumber 19043

When I select a User Preset sometimes the image is Cropped and sometimes it is transformed. This happens frequently but not all the time.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Develop, is the menu item Settings > Enable Auto Sync checked?  There is a bug with Auto Sync and presets.  If it is checked, uncheck it and I'll provide a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis - I have tried to help another user with this same issue - so if you do have a work around, please do post it!!! THanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a recent bug where applying a preset with Auto Sync enabled copies all of the settings from the target photo, not just preset's settings:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-lightroom-classic-applying-develop-preset-to... 

A workaround: Go to Library Grid view (g). Select the desired photos and then apply the preset using the Saved Preset menu in the Quick Develop panel in the right column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies. 

When I go to the Settings in Develope the option for Enable Auto Sync is grayed out. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Author stated “ When I go to the Settings in Develope the option for Enable Auto Sync is grayed out.“

Do you have multiple images selected?

See the screen captures Sync and Auto Sync you must have multiple images selected.

Auto Sync on.Auto Sync on.Sync active.Sync active.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"When I go to the Settings in Develope the option for Enable Auto Sync is grayed out"

That's because you have only one image selected. In Library or in the filmstrip, select multiple images and then go to Develop.  The option should not be greyed out now.  Is it checked?  The bug referred to above only occurs when you have multiple images selected and Enable Auto Sync is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: things get messy when applying preset to multiple images from multiple cameras

Lightroom Version Number: 10.4
OS Version Number: Windows 10pro build 19042.1237

Steps to reproduce:

1. select multiple images from multiple cameras (experienced with around 250 from 4 cameras)
2. apply preset to all images with auto sync on (preset modifies: Basic: only vibrance and saturation, then some values on tone curve, HSL, effects) - profile is ISO adaptive

Expected result: your preset gets applyed to those setting only, and you start working happily
Actual result: your preset messes up: White balance, profile, noise reduction (luminance), and maybe some others that I didn't notice. Then you get frustrated, downgrade to Lightroom v10.3 and all works smoothly again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug. Adobe is working on a fix.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see in the bug report, a straightforward workaround is to use Library's Quick Develop panel to apply the preset, rather than Auto Sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Administrator 

or

Monitor

Please add a feature at top of Discussion, and at top of Bugs, Announcing this bug, pointing to acknowledeged bug report

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread merged into main bug report

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is a setting or a glitch, but when I auto-synch and apply a preset to multiple photos it also crops them. This is really slowing down my work flow. Would appreciate any advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thoughts on this on this issue is as follows, when you have multiple files selected with Auto-Sync activated do not apply presets, profiles, auto tone etc and only use individual edit features.

To be sure I will not utilize the Auto-Sync function until this rectified.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm dealing with the same issue. It is KILLING my work flow. I was on with tech support for about two hours and they couldn't figure it out. They are now saying a supervisor will call me. I've done EVERYTHING and they can't figure it out. Any resolution or just frustrating work arounds?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with this too. I had some saved presets for various amounts of sharpening I use - they't applying a crop and rotate at the moment. When saving the preset, or "update with current settings", there is no option to select or deselect crop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I had some saved presets for various amounts of sharpening I use - they't applying a crop and rotate at the moment. When saving the preset, or "update with current settings", there is no option to select or deselect crop."

It sounds like you're applying the preset to many photos by using Auto Sync.  There's an outstanding bug with that:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-lightroom-classic-applying-develop-preset-to... 

A straightforward workaround: Go to Library Grid view (g). Select the desired photos and then apply the preset using the Saved Preset menu in the Quick Develop panel in the right column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm just applying to ONE photo not multiple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a bad hunch, should result in an answer if No, select two photos, is Auto Sync on?

If so, turn it iff, deslect the photos, select one photo, see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. Selected 2 photos and Auto Sync was not enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate