P: Published Folders renamed does not rename in Finder on macOS Ventura 13.0.1

Contributor ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic 12.0.1

macOS Ventura 13.0.1

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a Published Folder in a Hard Drive Publish Service.
  2. Add one or more photos to that folder.
  3. Publish the photos.
  4. Check the name and contents of the folder in Finder (everything is fine at this point).
  5. Rename the Published Folder in LR Classic.

Expected Result: The original folder has been renamed by LR Classic in Finder as well.

Actual Result: The original folder has not been renamed in Finder!

Additional Remark: When re-publishing the photos of the renamed Published Folder, LR Classic creates a new folder with those photos in Finder, and leaves the original folder (the one with the original name in LR Classic) alone.  

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The August 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
32 Comments
Contributor ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug still present in LrC 12.4 on macOS Ventura 13.5! Still not taken care of, since November 2022... Still making any professional workflow with Published Folders useless. What an unbelievable carelessness of Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The August 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NEGATIVE ! NOT SOLVED !

Contrary to what Mr Flohr has announced a few hours ago, the just released and latest version of Lightroom Classic (12.5) does NOT solve this problem, nor does it change anything to what happens when one renames a published folder (inside LrC). LrC 12.5 still creates a NEW folder (in macOS Finder) with the new name NEXT TO the old one, leaves the old folder alone, and does not even mark the photos within that published folder as having to be "republished"! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I follow the bug recipe in the first post, it works correctly on my LR 12.5, on Mac OS 13.4 and Windows 11. See this screen recording:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/2vmj386kkto2c5zv4mrcz/hard-drive-publish-bug-test.2023.08.17.mp4?rlke...

When I tried the bug recipe last fall with LR 12.0.1, it failed on Mac OS 13 and Windows 11 but not on Mac OS 12.

So there's something about the issue that must be dependent on more specific details about your LR configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis 

1. When one follows the original "bug recipe" from my original post last year, indeed, LrC 12.5 on macOS 13.5 now correctly renames the folder in macOS Finder. But that is because that recipe makes you create a new folder first, and then rename that new folder... The bug has now shifted but still exists. Just read on in 2.

2. Any published folder that was created in a version of LrC before 12.5, still has the same old bug: LrC does not rename the folder but instead creates a new one in macOS Finder and does not populate it in any way with the photos present in the original published folder!

I have about one hundred published folders in LrC, all created in previous versions of LrC (obviously...), containing a total of several thousands of photos. Am I expected to completely re-create each and all of them within LrC 12.5, then re-publish all those thousands of photos, after deleting all the original folders and photos in macOS Finder??? I don't think so... That will take more than a day or two, and is subject to errors in what folder contains what photos etc.
I'm not the only one who suffers from this bug, as can be seen from the upvotes on my previous comment from the last few hours.
The bug is still present, unless one re-creates every single published folder from older LrC versions and re-populates all those folders with all the photos contained in the old folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography, should @The Keeper of the Garden open a new bug report?

I too see what he observed:

1. In LR 12.4, create a published folder F in the Hard Drive service, containing one photo.

2. In LR 12.5, right-click the published folder F and do Rename, renaming it to F Renamed.

3. In Finder, observer that there is both F and F Renamed, with the photo in F instead of F Renamed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@johnrellis 

At this time, I would advise against opening a separate thread. The team does have additional related bugs open that cover areas outside of the prescribed recipe that was originally posted. I've asked them to review and then we will probably reopen this thread and cross-reference it to the the other bugs currently open. Once they respond I will take action. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate