• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Publishing a video fails in version 13.2 if a post process action is present & inserted

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR version 13.2, a video in a Publish Service Collection will fail to publish if the Publish Service has a post-process action installed and inserted. An attempt to publish a video will typically fail with either a This photo was not rendered or This photo is missing error message.

This has been tested with the Hard Drive Publish Service as well as the services SmugMug and jf Collection Publisher.  Post-process actions tested include Lr/Mogrify 2 and jf Metadata Wrangler.

This has also been tested with a new, "virgin" catalog and the issue persists.

It has been tested on MacOS 13.6.4; I have not tested it on Windows.

Workaround: Remove all post-process actions from the Publish Service.

Note: Unlike with the previous Assertion failed error present in 13.1, one can remove the post process action when publishing videos but reinsert the post process action when publishing still images; the mere presence of a video in a published collection no longer causes an error, unless there is a video to publish or republish. But, the workaround it's not really a "solution." If, for example, one makes some change (such as changing metadata) that triggers a need to re-publish both photos and videos, republishing will fail if a post process action is active.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

@Rikk Flohr: Photography, please consider moving to Bugs. I see the same issue in my LR 13.2 / Mac OS, using the Metadata Wrangler post-processing action with the Hard Drive publishing service:

johnrellis_1-1709508454208.png

johnrellis_0-1709508370583.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for figuring out the exact conditions that were causing this to succeed for me publishing videos on some of my services and fail with "photo missing original" on the exact same videos for other services! I am on 13.2 on Windows and my failures are on a jf Folder Collection publish service with jf Run Any Command injected as a post-process action. As an extra data point, if I remove jf Run Any Command as a post-process action then the service will publish my videos on the service fine. However, if I leave jf Run Any Command inserted as a post-process action, but disable it within the publish service I still get the error:

dzeleznik_1-1710271127102.png

So it appears that even if the post-process action is disabled and its a no-op, it's mere presence causes video publish failures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@dzeleznik:

You are certainly correct that merely disabling a post-process action on the right side of the Publishing Manager is not sufficient to make the publish action work. But notice that in my original post I wrote: Workaround: Remove all post-process actions from the Publish Service.  My workaround involves choosing the post-process action on the lower left side of the Publishing Manager and clicking the Remove button. This will remove the action from the right hand panel, but it does not delete it. If you later click the Insert button, the action will reappear on the right hand side with the same settings it had when you removed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate