• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Unable to advance to the next photo

Participant ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why no one writes about the fact that in develop mode, after any manipulation with a photo, it is impossible to go to the next photo in the feed? You go, but the photo remains the same as it was, you have to go back and only then go to the next photo. This is a global problem!!  Anyway, I did some research and I realized why many people are silent about it, because this problem occurs only when using the +\- buttons on any keyboard, even on macbook !!!!. If you use only mouse or touchpad, there is no problem with photo transition. That's why many photographers don't pay attention to it, because they don't use the keyboard. Therefore, ADOBE does not react in any way.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Greetings all,

The Lightroom Classic Team has just released version 13.0.2 with a fix for this issue. 

(Note: this release contains no additional bug fixes or new camera/lens support.)
See: 
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/fixed-issues.html

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud application, you can refresh the app by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

We thank those who’ve v

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 395 Replies 395
395 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Do you have a palette gear or a loop deck? If this is the case, take it off... this is the problem for me. I work with a macbook pro M2. I reset my LR to 12.5.0, then it works. regards Wim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No gear attached. Happens on a Mac Mini and Macbook Pro. I typically use left and right arrows to move through the images, and then the mouse cursor to select an adjustment slider and the up and down arrows to adjust that slider. 

I've tried not usibng smart previews, didn't seem to make any difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Day 56 since 13.0.1. 

Still mashing back and forth on the arrow keys to get the images to show up. 

mlphotoraw_0-1701286533034.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteDay 56 since 13.0.1. 

It's disappointing, isn't it?  You would hope that a company with the resources that Adobe has would be capable of fast-tracking a fix to minimize the impact on users.  But here we are 56 days in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mijbil250456  One thing that occured to me is that if you are working with raw files i.e. you are not just editing with smart previews, you could select all images in the catalog, save metadata to files (which will create xmp files for everything), then install an older version and create a new catalog and then import from your local storage again into that catalog. There is nothing in principle that should prevent you from being able to do it, and I am guessing only the adjustments added in this version wouldn't trasfer over (like the new blur tool).

It would probably be slow to import given the amount of images you work with but might be worth the effort. Then upgrade the catalog once they finally sort this mess. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without going back and forth through every single image in a gallery before export to makesure the edits we have added to an image have actually been applied to that image and not the previous one, this is what happens. 

Now even more time wasted reuploading LR catalog, removing edits and masks, reapplying edits and masks, exporting, uploading, checking.

Thanks Adobe for you fantastic comunication and help on this issue. NOT!

Please, we need a fix asap!

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 06.55.28.pngScreenshot 2023-11-30 at 06.56.14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all,

The Lightroom Classic Team has just released version 13.0.2 with a fix for this issue. 

(Note: this release contains no additional bug fixes or new camera/lens support.)
See: 
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/fixed-issues.html

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud application, you can refresh the app by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

We thank those who’ve volunteered to test the build in pre-release. Your time and effort allowed us to release this fix sooner to a broader audience.

Thank you all for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! updating now. fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one who is thinking there's no way on the planet I'm installing 13.0.2 until there are lots of people here saying their problems are fixed? I'm going to need to know that it ACTUALLY works, and isn't just another "step along the way" as a few thousand more people have their catalogs bricked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

downloaded 13.0.2 this morning and havent had the issue at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qny1jg46Z3s 

Been editing for good hour+:
1. It appears to run much faster because they must have fixed some kind of race condition.
2. No more issues with non-displaying photos. 

Good job Lightroom Classic Team. Albeit it took far too long for us who have been on the #strugglebus working around this bug for two months... 
Fix is certainly welcome, and it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its working really well. I processed a full wedding without any issues.  Thank you for the fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah!  13.2 fixed the issue. Took a while but it works correctly now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well its fixed for the most part. The delay still happens sometimes but scroll skipping seems ok. However I can scroll a lot faster in the develop mode with grapgics acceleration turned off which seems counter intuitive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Easler what is your setup? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13900KF and 4070. For me I seem to be able to scroll faster with graphics off under 13.2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Easler I have at home a Mac Mini M1 base with 8gb ...and at work I use a Ryzen 9 3900x and a Nvida 1660 .

On Mac is more fast...but after some time , as in the PC it gets slow . This is on all versions .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to say 64GB ram. The slowing down over time issue during an editing session is different issue that what was described in this post and an old problem that I am sure will continue. On a fresh reboot LRC works pretty quickly and smoothly but after a while is slows down. When editing a lot of pics in a wedding I have always had to optimize and reboot occasionally to keep things from lagging. I don't expect that is fixed with 13.02.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Easler yes, same here. After a while working with a catalogue I always have to restart to mantain speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the slowing down: opened a discussion here already days go, but as usual people started asking stupid questions how related. No performance issue on 12.x and with same HW I started having performance issues with 13.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Giovanni Stoto I have this issue even in 12.5 . Both in my Mac mini and in my Ryzen 9 setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Easler , @Rafael _ Oz , @Giovanni Stoto , 

Your recent posts are buried in a thread with the title,

P: Unable to advance to the next photo, 
You are raising new issues that are unrelated to the title of the thread. There are over 380 posts and your posts are unlikely to attract the attention of other users and it would be better to start a new thread with an appropriate title.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DdeGannes well as I said O did open a thread for this "new" issue but it led to nowhere.

I'd worry more that this 13.x upgrade is the worst I've ever seen: said by a an IT Manager with 25+ year experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Giovanni Stoto , what is the title of the new thread.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate