• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Unable to advance to the next photo

Participant ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why no one writes about the fact that in develop mode, after any manipulation with a photo, it is impossible to go to the next photo in the feed? You go, but the photo remains the same as it was, you have to go back and only then go to the next photo. This is a global problem!!  Anyway, I did some research and I realized why many people are silent about it, because this problem occurs only when using the +\- buttons on any keyboard, even on macbook !!!!. If you use only mouse or touchpad, there is no problem with photo transition. That's why many photographers don't pay attention to it, because they don't use the keyboard. Therefore, ADOBE does not react in any way.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Greetings all,

The Lightroom Classic Team has just released version 13.0.2 with a fix for this issue. 

(Note: this release contains no additional bug fixes or new camera/lens support.)
See: 
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/fixed-issues.html

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud application, you can refresh the app by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

We thank those who’ve v

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 395 Replies 395
395 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was mentioned years ago in this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/wrong-photo-gets-quot-stuck-quot-in-dev...

However I was advised in that thread by an Adobe staff member to create a new topic in case the issue is not the same. The issue mentioned by the OP (Marc Merlin) does indeed seem to be the same or at least VERY similar. I can reproduce this all the time (as it is happening non-stop). After I have deleted a photo or two using develop mode, pressing the left or right arrow (or clicking on another photo in the bottom "collection" view), the selection is applied and all the settings I currently have for the photo I have selected are shown, yet the main screen still shows the last photo I viewed. I have to select a THIRD other photo, then go back to the one I want to edit next. Sometimes I even have to repeat this twice.

I'm fairly sure the issue - if not THE same - is very very similar to that post, and thus - has not been fixed in over 5 years! After reading that post, I also noticed that it was mentioned two separate times that Adobe are aware of this. It needs to be fixed - because working in develop mode (as I'm sure many do) is slowing us down!

Please fix this, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having gone and read the linked thread, and a thread it redirects to, a first question comes to mind.

Have you brought up /preferences/performance and turned off the use of the GPU?

And when you do, what occurs?

And that leads to the standard question, that actually should be a standard statement in a posting, what does LrC show in system information? Mostly interested in LrC version, OS version, GPU make/model and driver version.

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rethought my approach to your posting

I see you are new in these community pages. Be aware that these community pages are not official Adobe support. Nor are they a good method of getting actual Adobe Techs to help. These community pages are for the community to share, to communicate, to ask for help, to give help, and to ask Adobe to make changes to the software (via the Ideas section).

You may want to look at: What is Using the Community used for?

Yes, some Adobe techs might redirect you to this site (they are being lazy), yes, a poorly worded button on Adobe web pages might direct you to this site (a poor bit of webpage craft).

At any rate, your fellow members will try to help.

Recommend a minimal amount of info when posting a problem:

• Adobe product and version number 
  • Operating system and version number 
  • Error message(s) (if applicable)
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc. 
  • Screenshots of the problem (if applicable)

Above from: Community How-To Guide - Tips & Best Practices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 🙂

Interestingly - having the GPU settings on "Auto" or "custom" (which is basically "on") allows the issue to continue, yet (for the last ten minutes' testing) turning them "off" removes the issue.

I will continue testing with it turned off, however - assuming this is the answer - this begs two new questions. 1) Why is the option there if it causes issues and, 2) What if I have a good GPU that will help with my editing, yet can't use it if it causes issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a few more minutes' testing - the issue came back. GPU was set to "off". I've now turned it back on, of course! To respond to the other question: What occurs is the usage of Lightroom feels more "jerky"... pretty much the same but switching between photos in develop mode now feels like it's less smooth. It's hard to explain and it's only minor, but either way it basically means I can "feel" the difference, but it isn't much. As explained - the issue remains, however.

On a side note - Lightroom has started doing something in the last few weeks I've never noticed... when I use alt-tab to window switch, it often makes the window list "flick up" then disappear. I have to hold alt for a small moment instead of just quickly switching as I always have!

System info below:

{Info hidden}

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue where the image previews will not update correctly using smart previews in Develop. When selecting the next image, many times, it will just show the previous image preview instead of the current image. If I go back and forth, the image will update. Turning off using smart previews for editing fixes the issue but of course is much slower. I've tried deleting and regenerating smart previews and have the same issue. It seems like a bug with the latest version. I'm on a Mac Studio M1 with Mac OS 14. I've also had random crashes with the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with Mac OS 14

Have you upgraded to LrC v13 yet? Pre v13 was not tested and might not be compatible with Sonoma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving from one photo to the other in Develop is slower than it was in LRCC 12.X - The new photo isn't cached or something because in Library it shows that the 'new' photo is highlighted but when I go back to Develop, it's still on the previous photo. It resolves itself after a little while but yeah it's a glitch.

//

Lightroom Classic version: 13.0 [ 202309270914-5a1c6485 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 11 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 11.0.22621
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 24
Processor speed: 3.7GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
CPU Utilisation: 0.0%
Built-in memory: 32665.6 MB
Dedicated GPU memory used by Lightroom: 1534.7MB / 8032.0MB (19%)
Real memory available to Lightroom: 32665.6 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 7024.9 MB (21.5%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 9067.3 MB
GDI objects count: 823
USER objects count: 2840
Process handles count: 7619
Memory cache size: 2533.4MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 16.0 [ 1677 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 2083MB / 16332MB (12%)
Camera Raw real memory: 2095MB / 32665MB (6%)
System DPI setting: 144 DPI (high DPI mode)
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Standard Preview Size: 3840 pixels
Displays: 1) 3840x2160
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: 
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (31.0.15.3758)
Init State: GPU for Export supported by default
User Preference: GPU for Export enabled

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Sonoma 14 on Mac Studio. Updated to LR 13 Classic today.  Catalog was updated.  Now, in Develop mode, I am experiencing a delay in seeing the edited image. First, I will see the RAW file as is, then about a second later, the image displays with the applied edit.  This does not happen in Library view, as I immediately see the image as edited. I have tried Optimizing the catalog and have also checked out several jobs, and they all display this behavior in LR13.

Anyone else experiencing this lag?  Things I should check?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I am also noticing a "flicker" when clicking on a TIF in the filmstrip of Develop mode. These TIFs are files I edited in PS via Lightroom.  And by flicker, I mean the image is initially dull and then flicks into its true color.  The lag is much quicker than the lag on RAW files though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom 13.0, after upgrading to the latest version, in develop mode, when making any adjustments to images, the photos do not scroll in the ribbon, or jump through one. You have to constantly go back to the processed photo. What have you done to the program? It is impossible to work (Windows 11 and MAC OS )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a frustrating problem with Lightroom in Develop. As you advance to the next image in a collection with the cursor, the filmstrip shows it advancing to the next image, but the develop pane shows the previous image. It's not a speed issue, as if you leave it that way, it never advances to the next image. It is as if one part of Lightroom isn't talking to the other. The only way to get it to advance to the image you want is to move forwards another image, then back to the image you want.

This is a real problem which is making it incredibly difficult to work effectively through my workflow. I haven't had a solution yet from Adobe, I've reset preferences, deleted the plist, and tried a fresh catalog with just a few new images and the problem is the same. Has anyone else experienced this and do you know of a fix? Is it a bug? Moving from one image to the next should the the simplest of processes surely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, Win 10, i7 9700K, RTX3070, latest Studio Drivers from 10.10. - I can't work in Develop module, often it can't go to the next photo, sometimes even after returning to Libary, clicking on the photo and pressing "D"is not working, in need to select another photo in Libary, then the image i need to edit, and press "D".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom do you use?

In a first step try is to reset the preferences to the default settings.

• Reset Procedure:
  • Close Lightroom.
  • Windows: Hold down [Alt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.
    Mac: Hold down [Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.
  • Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.
  • Close Lightroom.
  • Restart Lightroom.

It's recommended to backup your preferences before you reset the preferences to the default settings: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.7 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a global problem on all systems, it is impossible to work, I rolled back to version 12 and I advise you, Adobe as always releases new updates with bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done all that, reset preferences, reinstalled lightroom, running the latest version of CC13. It still doesn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have an automatic answer to the problem, however it does not work, on all systems this error occurred after upgrading to version 13.0. Please report this problem to Adobe developers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem with the previous version as well though, I updated to 13 in the hope it would fix it, but it hasn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share more info, what happens with below 3 scenarios?

1. Let us know if setting GPU Preference "Off" makes any difference. (Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor  )

2. Also if you do not edit an image and simply go from one image to another. Would there be problem too? Is editing an image causing this issue?
3. Apart from mouse click, does using arrow keys has the same behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC 13, runs just fine on my Laptop running Windows 11 v 22H2, with latest updates to Oct 10 2023.

I do not experience the issue described by the Author of the thread.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have an automatic answer to the problem, ...

By @vitalyn38151610

This isn't a automatic answer. The reset of the preferences does solves many of Lightroom issues.

BTW. I installed the update to LR 13 and I don't see any errors at the moment.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.7 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been doing some tests, and I have found out the following. 

The problem is collection specific, rather than being across the catalog. It only occurs in some collections,  But would appear to be related to smart previews. If I discard all the previews for that collection, then build standard previews instead (which takes ages) then I don't see the issue. For whatever reason, wehen the smart previews are being generated, they possibly aren't being indexed properly, so Lightroom can't see them. Once you move from one to the next and back again, Lightroom picks it up in the sequence, so when you move back to that image later on, there is no indexing problem. That's kind of how I see it.  So hopefully this will point Adobe a bit closer to a fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @DdeGannes mentioned LrC 13 runs just fine on my workstation.

Running Windows 10 Prof. build 22H2, with latest updates of NVidias Studio driver from Oct 10 2023.

I can't reproduce the issue described by the Author of the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll share my observations with you
1. If you disable the GPU, it is impossible to work at all, Lightroom slows down very much
2. If the image is not edited, there is no problem, flipping goes as usual, but it is worth to make some changes on correction, immediately there is a problem.
3. there is no possibility to try clicking with the mouse, the problem was when flipping with the right arrow. Rolled back to version 12.5 now, everything is fine.
I work on Windows and MAC, the problem is the same on both systems

Votes

Translate

Translate