• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Unable to import from direct connected Nikon

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem just recently started. I believe I upgraded my Mac M1 to Ventura and updated Lightroom to the latest version since this stopped working. I have no problem using Nikon transfer to transfer the images from both cameras. 

When I select Add Photos in Lightroom then select Connected Devices (Lightroom does recognize both cameras when they are connected), I see the camera flashing its green indicator as it typically does to reflect that Lightroom seems to be reading. While it is reading, Lightroom displays the message "No images can be imported...." Prior to this issue, that message would be displayed until Lightroom finishes reading the camera or camera card. Now that message remains indefinitely. 

So I am wondering if there was something in either the OS update or Lightroom update that has caused this to stop working.  

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Updating status and adding bug number to thread.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Greetings all, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Monday night, December 12th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
110 Comments
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Mike, see the link for issues with macOS 13 Venture.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-macos-ventura-compatibility/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently updated to Mac OS Ventura 13.0.

Previously, when I plugged my Nikon D850 into one of the USB-C ports on my Macbook Pro, LrC could see it and also see the images on my memory card, so I could download them.

Now, LrC sees the camera (D850 in the import diaplog) but no image files come up.  I have to open the Image Capture app, and it can see both the camera and the images.  I download them to a folder on my hard drive and then import those images into LrC using the import dialog.

A viable workaround but clunky and clumsy.

Anybody else have the same experience or issue?

Any suggestions?

Should I be posting to Apple instead?

Thank you,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently it's an issue with Ventura. See this post on Lightroom Queen.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has acknowledged this problem, which may be caused by a bug in Mac OS 13. While waiting for a fix, another workaround is to use a card reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, already doing that with my wife's camera.  Bought a CFExpress Type B reader as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue as Jay. Nikon D7200 and a brand new Macbook Pro. I guess I shouldn't have updated to Ventura. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since I updated to 12.01, tethered Shooting with Nikon (D850, D810) is not working anymore! When we get the next update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on Ventura, this is a known and Adobe-confirmed issue.

I'll merge to the correct thread.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bei meinem MacMini MacOS Ventura 13.0.01 können keine RAW Dateien von NIKON D5, D850 mehr importiert werden. Nikon D780 funktioniert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See issues with macOS Ventura.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-mac-ventura-known-issues-please-read-...

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom my camera (connected via USBC hub as per my nornal workflow) but today I am getting 'No images found'. Yesterday I updated to Ventura 13.0.1 and have checked my Files and Folders in Privacy which is set to 'Full Access'. So Lightroom picks up my camera but isnt recognisign there are images on the cards attached to my camera via the lead.  Ive tried rebooting many times but still I cant pick them up - please can anyone help? Ive followed some of the trouble setting steps in here but nothing is working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've literally just managed to pull them off via my CF reader, but it won't recognise them if the camera is connected to the Mac directly. I can only assume it's an issue in the latest update with privacy and security settings - but its thrown me unless anyone can advise why and how to fix?! At least Ive got my images off for now while Apple can hopefully realise the issue and fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've given Lightroom Full Disk Access in the Privacy section of Security & Privacy of System Preferences? 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've given Lightroom Full Disk Access in the Privacy section of Security & Privacy of System Preferences? 

By @SeanMcCormack

Yes I checked that having seen that suggested in here but all are set to Full Access.  The issue appears to be whet my camera is connected via a usb hub when lightroom doesn't pick up any images (only picks up the camera). It's as if something is blocking it to let me read the connected camera !??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Image Capture see the camera? 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not mentioned what camera, wondering about in camera data setup options, those for USB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My camera is a Nikon d850. I don't usually have any issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can see my camera when trying to import (see original screenshot). But it's as if my computer doesn't then see the images within the camera which leads my to think it's Privacy setting issue perhaps?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Original screenshot does not show much, for example, left side of import screen

GoldingD_0-1669149100484.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 13.15.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry I atached the wrong screen grab, see attached now

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try selecting Files instead of Device. Device is problematic, Adobe try'd to ween customers away from it. Often you need to go thru some hoops to bring it up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with all three Nikon cameras.

Still with the camera plugged in I use icapture, import them into there and move them into Lightroom

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate