• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Unexpected error occurred during export with specific file

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the middle of editing a gallery for a client and I've exported about 100 photos so far and just now I got a pop up during export that says "unknown error occurred", and doesn't allow the image to be exported.  Anyone have any idea why this would be happening? I had a remote session with an agent who was no help whatsoever and just sent me here. I'm hoping someone has had experience with this.

Thanks in advance!

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Setting Status
Add Bug Number

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
10 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll need more details:

1. Do the menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste here the first ten lines.

2. Is it one photo or many photos that cause the problem?

3. What type of photos are being exported -- raw, TIFF, JPEG, etc.

4. Do the problem photos have Brush masks? E.g. see 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-export-at-full-res-fails-on-tiff-with-partic...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if it was a colour profile it wasn't liking or what, but when I reset the photo to it's original version before any of the edits I made, and re-edited it, it solved the problem and I was able to export as usual.  Still an unknown reason for the error, but at least just a simple resetting of the image solved it.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you solved it. If it happens again, make a virtual copy of the problem photo before resetting its settings. That way, we might be able to reproduce the problem and file an actionable bug report with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do. Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem. Exporting from DNG files to JPG files, but two files would not export "unknown error occurred". Back-tracking through my edits it appears that the Luminance Smoothing edit is what causes the problem with both photos. If I export before the Luminance Smoothing in the Develop History, it works, but anywhere including or above the Luminance Smoothing entry in the Develop History and the Export fails. Below is my system info as requested (upgraded to Win 11 but this does not show)

Lightroom Classic version: 11.4.1 [ 202206241800-b406ce4c ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 10.0.22000
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 16
Processor speed: 3.7GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

To make progress on narrowing this down and getting a bug report filed with Adobe, we'll need a sample catalog (containing the history steps) and the problem photo.  To do that, select one of the problem photos and do File > Export As Catalog with these settings:

johnrellis_0-1658512811229.png

Zip up the exported catalog folder (which will contain a copy of the selected photo), upload the .zip to Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar, and post the sharing link here.  

Without a reproducible test case, Adobe isn't going to look at the issue unless very many people report the same symptoms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the guidance. Here is the catalog with a problematic photo. I will be interested in knowing if it is easily replicated by others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good -- with that sample catalog and DNG, I see the same misbehavior.  Exporting the photo produces:

johnrellis_0-1658701190532.png

After selecting the history step immediately before Luminance Smoothing:

johnrellis_1-1658701251436.png

the photo exports without problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography, please move into Bugs. RMACH provided a sample catalog containing one DNG that reproduces the problem, as I verified above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Setting Status
Add Bug Number

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Investigating