Exit

P: Update Publish Collection Stalls

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OSX 12.01, Apple Silicon M1

LightRoom Classic 11.2

After upgrade from 11.1 updating any published collections (to disk) is very slow and gets stuck.  One or 2 get published, then progress stalls

Re-installing 11.1 solves the problem.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update available.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ])

For Mobile downloads, it may take several days for the update to appear in your respective App Stores.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 142 Replies 142
142 Comments
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since updating to 11.2 on Lightroom classic I've been having issues publishing to smugmug using the smugmug plu-in. Everytime I go to publish, only 1 to 4 photos will publish and then the it just stops. The progress bar just sits there and nothing else uploads and I get no error window or anything. Restarting lightroom or my computer doesn't fix it and there are no issues with my internet. 

I've also taked with 2 other photographers in the past 24 hrs, both experiencing the same issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is to open the Creative Cloud desktop app and go to Applications > All Applications. From the Installed list, find Lightroom Classic and click on the three dots at the far right of that row. Select Other Versions, and choose to install Lightroom Classic (11.1). 

Then refrain from further updates until version 11.3 is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Backups now compeltely stall for me too. Not sure if this is the same bug or a different one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still had the same publication issue after dropping back to 11.1 -- constant disk activity, apparently with publication metadata.  But after several very frustrating days, I have things working again.  My issue was with publishing to Smugmug galleries. 

With the Drobo off, so there was no activity, I went to each of my Galleries (about 60) and in Grid view selected all the picturess marked to re-publish and did a Ctrl-click and selected mark as up to date.  I left the few marked still to be published.  Closed LR.  Probably rebooted the computer, just in case, after all that trouble, and re-started the Drobo with LR off.  When I opened LR there was a the same disk activity but this time it quit after about a minute and so far has been working as it should.  I was then able to publish the galleries that had a few images that were never published.  Importing photo shoots (to the Drobo) and the rest of LR is behaving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

over the last several weeks, I have discovered that when I attempt to Publish to SMUGMUG  using LR Classic 11.2 and windows 10 extremly SLOW. I get the progress bar, when I say publish but it seems to just sit there.  IF I have a picture(s) marked as republish, it just sits there also 

I find that NOW if I export pictures and upload to Smugmug externally from LR is faster.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I have Compacted LR catalog, reorged my HD (Just in case its a catalog issue) I have reset prefrences

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ronbyram, see the correct answer at the top of the thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-update-publish-collection-stalls/idc-p/12752...

Reverting to 11.1 works around this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted from 11.2 to 11.1 in windows 10 and the publist works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using one of Friedl's publish-service plugins, he just posted the following:

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/issues

Suddenly, some plugins sometimes start to hang after processing one image. This affects only Lr11.2. The workaround is to view a different collection (even momentarily), and things become unstuck. Versions of my plugins released on 2022-03-09 or later have that workaround built in (if the plugin notices that things are stuck, it will switch to the Quick Collection for 0.1 seconds, then back to whatever collection had been stuck).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using latest update of LR classic as of 9/3/22 with Smugmug plugin (the latest version) Using Windows 10.  I create a new gallery and upload it via the plug in without issue.  I then modify the photos in LR (specifically add metadata) and go to the collection to find they are marked as 'Modified Photos to Re-Publish'  All good so far.  I hit the publish button and the 'updating Published Collections' progress bar appears and looks as though it will start.  Only the first photo uploads and then it hangs. Clicking the x on the progress bar makes it turn red, sometimes it hangs and I have to exit by using task manager other times it clears itself.  if it clears itself and I click on 'Publish, nothing happens, even if I select all of the photos then publish, nothing happens. Then when I go to close LR I get the option to make backup, which I select and the progress bar looks like it is about to backup but oddly enough the green bar leaves the left side and moves right to the other side, It will cycle like this forever.IMG_1001.jpg

When I click cancel the button wording changes to cancelling but is greyed out and the progress bar continues to cycle.  I have to resort to the task manager to exit LR.  I reopen LR and try again but exactly the same issue with only one photo uploading then hanging. If I close LR without selecting back up LR closes ok. I was in contact with Smugmug who checked various settings but in the end suggested that the issue is probably with LR.  I would appreciate any help to fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see from the top of this thread, Adobe has acknowledged the bug and is preparing a fix, which I think will most likely appear in LR 11.3, which based on past experience will most likely come out early April. 

Workarounds in the meantime: If you're using Friedl's Smugmug plugin, he released a new version today that works around the bug:

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/smugmug

If you're using Smugmug's plugin, roll back to 11.1. Or when it stalls, try clicking on the Quick Collection for a second and then back on the collection being published.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the answer listed in green from Rikk Flohr!!! many people are having this issue with LR 11.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flickr plug in that comes with LR is no longer functioning.  It hangs.  I've contacted Flckr, and they say its a problem with the latest version of LR.  The only work around they offerred is to go back to the previous verision of LR.

I'm wondering if Adobe is aware of this and if they intend to fix it---most importantly is WHEN?  I can not get work done when I can't upload images to Flckr.   Very frustrated long time user.

I'm using a Mac with Montery and the latest version of LR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rextilleon, your thread appears to have been merged into the authoritative bug report for this issue. See the answer marked as correct from Adobe employee Rikk Flohr:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-update-publish-collection-stalls/idc-p/12752... 

Given that Adobe has announced it was beta testing a fix already, it seems likely that the next release of LR will correct the issue. On average, LR releases every 8 weeks, so we might expect to see LR 11.3 in early April.

One workaround that works for some is to view another collection briefly (e.g. the Quick Collection) and then view the published collection. Another workaround is to roll back to version 11.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, had to downgrade to 11.1.  The publish to hard drive just didn't work on 11.2 and I was going crazy..  All seems to be back to working condition with the older version.  Hopefully they'll fix the problem in the next release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Apple M1 iMac and have the issue with Publish syncing one photo to Flickr, then freezing. I twice had to relaunch LrC 11.2 before it published all the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seem to have run into multiple bugs with this latest update (Lightroom Classic V11.2). 

The first bug I found is when developing images. There are times when the image I am editing is unavailable or Lightroom simply disables editing. Here's a screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 6.29.44 PM.png

Image is clearly selected, but all the adjustments are disabled and the preview shows up black. It happened soon after I updated Lightroom Classic to Version 11.2. 

The second bug is the one where Lightroom has a very hard time publishing to an Online Platform (via Pixiesite Plugin). The progress bar seems to freeze after a couple of photos and remains frozen. At first I thought it was probably a server issue, but when publishing from my laptop (Running on an older version), everything seems to be working just fine. Does anyone know if a patch will be released soon or if this issue has been reviewed yet?

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest 11.2 is full of bugs it seams, and it forced upgraded so I didn't choose it.
After editing in PS I can't give files colors, open new files or export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an export loop - for i, renditiion in exportContex:renditions( {stopIfCanceled = true } do - inside of which is an LrTasks.startAsyncTask() which in turn contains some calls to photo:getFormattedMetaData() before exporting the photo to a website. The first iteration of the loop runs through fine but second time around any calls to getFormattedMetaData() fail. I can't see why this might fail, any thoughts? This code has worked in the past, I'm returning to it after some months and probably a couple of Lightroom updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The first iteration of the loop runs through fine but second time around..."

Educated guess: This has the same underlying cause as publish services hanging after the first photo:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-update-publish-collection-stalls/idi-p/12749... 

To possibly confirm that, when your export loop hangs, click on the Quick Collection and then a second later back on the collection being exported/published -- does it resume?  That often works around the hangs reported in the bug thread linked above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is all happening in a publish service, publishing to a web site. The Quick Collection thing doesn't work but that may be to do with how I'm working this. I figured out that I could speed publishing up quite considerably by putting the Post to site process into concurrently running tasks, and there's a dozen or so of them when it gets going.

It might be worth noting that this hang only happens when the photos being published for the first time. If I publish them all one at a time then mark for republishing, they all go across quick as you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming to this a bit late in the day; one of my own publish plugins recently stopped working. Diggin around a bit I found two things, if it's of any help:

1. it only hangs on images that are being published for the first time. Images marked to republish publish just fine

2. the hang seems to happen somewhere in a getFormattedMetadata() call.

and now I just found it's all working again. No idea what I did to fix it.

Happy to do any testing if they still need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow that is confusing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update? Has the team been able to push the fix from February 25th live yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Has the team been able to push the fix from February 25th live yet?"

Adobe rarely announces release dates. However, LR releases every 8 weeks on average, so we might expect to see LR 11.3 early April.

Votes

Translate

Translate