• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color shift when GPU acceleration is ON in lightroom develop mode - windows system

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Just build a pc with new Nvidia GTX4060 Ti card, mainly for photo/video editing.

Unfoirtunatley, using Adobe Lightroom with GPU acceleration shifts colors in develope module. When I disable GPU,  colors look normal. I do want to have accaleration ON as the lightroom is quite faster. Anyone had similar issue? Graphics drivers are up to date. 
I was playing with some monitor color profiles but that has not changed anything. 

I heard Nvidia cards are better supported with Adobe products but now I am not entierly convinced... 

Please help. 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Next troubleshooting steps to narrow down the issue:

1. Compare Develop with Library Loupe view at 100% (View > Loupe, then View > Zoom To 100%).  Do you still see the shift?

2. Follow these precise steps for testing whether the current color profile assigned to your display is incompatible with the GPU:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

Still see the shift?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut out as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs and it takes up vast amounts of scroll space making the reply less readable and less likely that others will bother with your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followup inquiry

Are you perhaps using the HDR (display) treatment option as opposed to standard?

5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color shift present in both options. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next troubleshooting steps to narrow down the issue:

1. Compare Develop with Library Loupe view at 100% (View > Loupe, then View > Zoom To 100%).  Do you still see the shift?

2. Follow these precise steps for testing whether the current color profile assigned to your display is incompatible with the GPU:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

Still see the shift?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help! it was the monitor default color profile affecting library view colors. Setting sRGB IE61966-2.1 default profile elimanted color shift betwen modes and with GPU accelaration ON/OFF. 

I am going to use default sRGB profile for now but will be looking to get spyderx for calibration. Thanks again!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally inquiry

Is your monitor calibration up to date?

and:

Ok, I missed this part in your post:

"I was playing with some monitor color profiles but that has not changed anything. "

Are you using dual monitors? And is the color shift occurring on the 2nd monitor? Is that monitor calibrated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

daseles_0-1707246800696.png

Thank you for your help. This is the system info from Lightroom. I cannot see anything unusual from it. I have been in contact with Nvidia, they suggested some diffrent drivers. Unfortunetly no luck so far.

Color profiles was mentioned by few people, so will order datacolor spyderx pro to get fresh calibration. If that does not help I will be running out of solutions.

Possibly, will look into trying different GPU/monitor (I am not using dual monitors yet so have no comparison).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was caused by corrupted monitor profile, thanks for directing me into the solutions! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines