Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corruption in images displayed

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since Lightroom 11 I have a pretty annoying bug. 

I have a little part of my pictures which seems to have a corrupt preview (no bug in the original file or before the generation of the preview). This applies to my new importations but also to the old ones. I tried a lot of things, the only solution that works is to delete totally the picture of the hardrive. When I just remove it from Lightroom and reimport it's doing the same. I tried to desactivacte GPU, create a new catalog, delete the preview in the Previews.lrdata and Smart Previews.lrdata but no effects. My drivers are updated, I just don't know what to do. If only it affected just new imports...   

Capture lightroom 2.PNG

Capture lightroom 1.PNG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Performance). Any better?

If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile; the old one might be corrupted. If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix, not LUT profile, Version 2, not Version 4 profile.

If turning OFF the GPU works, it's a GPU bug, and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. This is why disabling GPU is an option as more and more functionality moves to the GPU in newer versions of many Adobe products.

Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

If the GPU and display profile isn't causing the problem, see:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gives-error-preview-cache.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a little part of my pictures which seems to have a corrupt preview (no bug in the original file or before the generation of the preview).

If there's a problem in the Develop Module, and turning off the GPU in Lightroom Classic doesn't help, then most likely this a corrupted file, which is caused by a hardware malfunction somewhere.

I tried a lot of things, the only solution that works is to delete totally the picture of the hardrive.

I would restore copies of these corrupted photos from your backups. I would also try to find the hardware malfunction, because likely a piece of hardware you are using needs to be replaced (or if you don't, more files will get corrupted). Your evidence strongly indicates the problem is the hard disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines