• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete Files on Disk?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past when deleting photos from lightroom I would get the option to delete files from my disk as well. I'm using lightroom 12.2 on a M1 Max MacBook Pro with macOS Ventura 13.0, and the option to delete the file from the disk is gone, can't seem to figure out where it went. Would be great if I can delete rejected photos from lightroom and my hard drive. Is anyone else having this problem? How can I fix this?

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First check to see that you are viewing the photos in a Folder view.

You do not get [Delete from Disk] if you are viewing a Collection.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This does work in the library view in lightroom and gives the option to delete from disk. But, the option to delete from disk used to be available in the develop module if I were to press the delete button. Is it that the option to delete from disk is no longer available in the develop module?

Thanks for you help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

If Develop is currently in a collection, then the Delete key will remove the photo from that collection. If Develop is in a folder, then you'll be asked whether you want to delete the photo from Lightroom or from disk.  

You can see whether Develop is in a collection or folder by looking in the top-left corner of the filmstrip:

johnrellis_0-1676874220163.png

If the filmstrip isn't showing, do the menu command Window > Panels > Show Filmstrip or click the grey triangle at the center of the bottom border of the LR window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I understand how to make it work now. I didn't realize that's what to look for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines