• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely slow import on Mac M1 from RAID

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I wondered if anyone has had a similar issue or any idea what's happening. I'm a pro photographer and I'm trying to move over to a new fully loaded MBP M1, from a 2016 iMac (Monterey). I use Western Digital Mybook duo RAID boxes, these boxes have always worked fine and I experience no issues. Here's what happening..

If I try to use the latest LR, importing just a single .CR3 file via the RAID drive takes around 5 minutes. This happens on both the iMac and brand new M1. I have switched cables and the same happens from both RAID boxes. I don't have alternative RAID boxes to try so that's currently not an option unless all else fails.

If I import from the local drive, or from an attached SSD, the import is instant with the latest LR, however this is not an option for my workflow as I need large amounts of files backed up on RAID and don't want to keep copying files between drives.

However, where this is strange is if I roll back to LR 10, I have no issues, which makes me believe this is more a LR issue than anything hardware related, and I'll note I have no issues using the RAID on the M1 for any other tasks, only importing painfully slow into LR 11. My RAID drives have the latest build of firmware installed, which no difference to having no firmware installed. I have tried having the catalog's sitting on the RAID and the local drive, this made no difference at all to import speed.

Does anyone have any ideas what's happening? I could really do with using LR11 on the M1 for the latest Canon profiles which I can only get on LR11.

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This may be due to a setting in the RAID. Are you connecting via SMB? What options do you have in the WD dashboard?

Just out of curiosity is your Time Machine backing up to your RAID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines