• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How disable catalog syncing

Engaged ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to help a fried who has two catalogs, one for testing and his main catalog. When he launches LR he gets a message stating that the test catalog is being sync'd and if he would like to have his main catalog sync'd all the photos in the test catalog will be merged into the main catalog. He does not understand what caused LR to started syncing the test catalog. He does not want either catalog sync'd to the cloud (or anywhere else). He has paused syncing. How can he turn off syncing for the test catalog? Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In both catalogs- Click the Cloud icon and [Pause Syncing]

2024-08-09 06_53_27-Clipboard.jpg

Cloud "Syncing" does NOT combine or merge two Lr-Classic catalogs! For that the function to "Import from another Catalog..." is used.

Merging Individual Lightroom Catalogs into a “Master” Catalog Julieanne Kost • 79K views

And to use multiple catalogs creates its problems-

MULTIPLE COMPUTER CATALOGS- (Lightroom Queen)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob. If I understand you correctly, pausing syncing is the correct way to prevent a catalog from being sync'd.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes.

And be aware, if syncing,  that setting a Lr-Classic catalog to sync only syncs proxy (smart Previews) to the Lr Cloud, and only photos that have been added to a Standard Collection that is marked to 'Sync'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines