• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to exclude subfolders on import?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, simple question and i cant seem to find a simple check box to enable or a clear simple answere anywhere:

How do i exclude subfolders when importing?

I am importing "from location" (not copying to a central location) and have a "root" folder with all the best photos from a shoot and two subfolders: one with jpegs of everything, the other with all the crappy unsable shots.

When i choose to import the photos from the root folder I see no way of telling Lightroom Classic to NOT import the contents of the subfolders. How do i exclude the contents of the subfolders and save myself the time of importing an additional 1000+ files for no reason and then have to manually delete them? It faster for all team members to see the best photos directly in the root folder of the shoot than those best shots having to be in a subfolder of the shoot and all the other crap in the root. You know?

Time is money!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Are you talking about computer or camera card "root folder"?

Can you NOT check the Import option-

ScreenShot045.jpg

The computer "root" folder is not a good location to have photos.

When I select my Local Disk (C:) without any photo files, and have the option [Include Subfolders] unchecked, I see this-

ScreenShot046.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about computer or camera card "root folder"?

Can you NOT check the Import option-

ScreenShot045.jpg

The computer "root" folder is not a good location to have photos.

When I select my Local Disk (C:) without any photo files, and have the option [Include Subfolders] unchecked, I see this-

ScreenShot046.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Wobert!

Even though i felt like i was looking everywhere for that box to tick regarding the subfolders i couldnt find it!! Your screen shots helped me see it was right in front of me! Heh

What i meant by "Root" was merely the parent folder of where all the photos were for a specific project, example:

C:\Hard Drive\Photos\Awesome Photoshoot  -> as "Root"

with two subfolders "jpeg" and "rejected" for example, with all good photos in the "root" of the project i.e: "Awesome Photoshoot" folder. Definately not the Root of "C" or anything of that sort! 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

in current version check mark for including subfolders not at top any longer, shows up from right click on selected folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines