• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to move LR from one computer to another

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a few years back i bought LR4 with a free upgrade to LR5...

LR5 got updated over time to 5.8 due to automatic internet updates...

I still have LR4 but not the rest of the updates and i need to move the entire program from a laptop on its last legs to a new laptop...

after i install LR4, how can i get the rest of the updates to bring it to 5.8?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

There was no Lightroom 5.8. The last update was Lightroom 5.7.1. It can be downloaded from this website:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

No need to install any interim versions of Lightroom 5. Just install the one available on that website. You will need your Lightroom 5 serial number. If you have already installed Lightroom 4 the installer will find that number as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no Lightroom 5.8. The last update was Lightroom 5.7.1. It can be downloaded from this website:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

No need to install any interim versions of Lightroom 5. Just install the one available on that website. You will need your Lightroom 5 serial number. If you have already installed Lightroom 4 the installer will find that number as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue. I see that that was back in 2017. I have the disc and 20 digit product key my mom gave me several yrs ago, and have updated it to version 5.7 (on the old computer). I now have a new computer and the update (from 5.2 on the disc to the current 5.7) is no longer available for download. Adobe now wants a monthly/yearly subscription fee no matter what. Didn't have to pay it before, ain't paying it now.  My question is if there is some way to get the 5.7 version off the old computer to the new one. 

Under "program files" it shows two folders. One for Lightroom 5.2, and one for Lightroom 5.7. I copied the 5.7 folder to the new computer and put it in the same place it was on the old one. NOW I just have to find some way for the new computer to recognize it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and thank you all in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, persistance pays off I guess. Got er done. The link from  Internet Archive Wayback Machine worked. It's slow to download, and I had to manually activate from the "downloads" menu in "quick access", but it worked just great. Here's the link I used; Wayback Machine (archive.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines