• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to filter liked images on shared album?????

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to filter liked images on shared album? Sharing albums with 2000 photos in them with collaborators, but there is not a simple way (that I can find) to filter their comments/likes activity. Is there a feature for this that I am missing? If this isn't a feature, this would be an excellent one to add! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I do is use the Review Comments menu item available when you click on the yellow dialog icon on the collection. I then give them a red label. Not optimal, but once you're in the habit, it means you've something to filter on. As with @john beardsworth I think there's wasted opportunity there. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select each synced collection in turn and do Library > Review Comments, which will sort the photos by Last Comment Time in descending order.  Then look in the Comments panel to see the dates of the most recent comment/like for the selected photos.  Not very convenient, but better than nothing.

Strangely, you can't sort by Last Comment Time if you have more than one synced collection selected.

For more powerful filtering capabilities of comments and likes, see the Any Comment plugin. But it's not nearly as convenient to use has having this simple feature built-in.

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-better-support-for-comments-and-likes-in-al...

and be sure to click the Upvote button at the top-right and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize the fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

I read a rumor that Adobe is working on enhanced sync with LR Cloud (after publicly stating many years ago that there would be no more improvements to syncing).  So maybe that will also involve better support for handling comments and likes...one can hope!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, note that there's a six-year-old bug with the menu command View > Sort > Last Comment Time -- it's always greyed out:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-view-gt-sort-gt-last-comment-...

Do Library > Review Comments or change the sort order in the toolbar at the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines