• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Issues when applying presets with custom curves 13.3

Explorer ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted this as a comment in another bug, but thought it would be best, to open a seperate issue.

My Problem is the Following:

Since the Update to 13.3, applying presets to an unedited picture in the develop tab randomly does not affect the custom curve saved within that preset. Also the preset is not shown as applied, so I can't change the intensity of the preset. When I change to another picture and then back to the one I applied the preset to, the correct curve is shown, but has no effect on the image. I need to manually change the curve a little bit, and wooosh it's applied. Another option is to apply a different preset and then switch back to the one, I wanted to apply in the first place. I have had performance issues (RAM leaking, slow downs etc) for years and it's annoying, but at least I can get rid of those by restarting every 30 or so minutes. But this just slows me down so much it's painfull.

For reference, I've attached 2 Screenshots. This right here is how the picture and the UI looks after applying a preset:

Lightroom Bug1.PNG

As you can see, color changes ETC are applied, but the Curves are not affected and the "Amoiunt" Slider is grayed out, even thou the preset was applied.

Next I applied another preset and then this preset again. This is how it looks:

Lightroom Bug2.PNG

As you can see, now the Curves where applied correctly and the amount slider is back. This is how it always was and how it's supposed to be. It doesn't always happen, but it does happen in like 70-80% of cases right now, so not something I can just ignore. Not sure if this is something, that other people are experiencing, but I hope, somebody has an idea how to fix it. Until then, I'll roll back to 13.2 .

What I've tried so far and did not work:

• Reinstall
  • Optimize cataloge
  • Export Presets, delete them in lightroom and re-import them
  • Create a new cataloge
  • Cleanse the Cache

Here are my System Infos (Minus Personal Info):

Lightroom Classic version: 13.3 [ 202405092057-40441e28 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition
Version: 10.0.19045
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 12
Processor speed: 3,6GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
CPU Utilisation: 1,0%
Power Source: Plugged In, 255%
Built-in memory: 32692,9 MB
Dedicated GPU memory used by Lightroom: 5815,3MB / 12011,0MB (48%)
Real memory available to Lightroom: 32692,9 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 6854,8 MB (20,9%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 14316,0 MB
GDI objects count: 1181
USER objects count: 4091
Process handles count: 3036
Memory cache size: 3255,4MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 16.3 [ 1863 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 1759MB / 16346MB (10%)
Camera Raw real memory: 2030MB / 32692MB (6%)

<deleted>

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Hi @felixb62617238 ,

We have attempted a fix for this issue in the latest 13.4 release. Can you please try the same and let us know?

Thanks,

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Fixed in 13.4

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
27 Comments
New Here ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select a preset after updating to the v13.3, the tone curve does not always work/apply. The other panels seem to make the change that I have set for the presets, but not Tone Curve. I keep having to reset the image and keep clicking the preset and then eventually (sometimes) it'll work. 

Using MacOS on Macbook, Sonoma 14.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as well as some other photographers that have updated LRC! It's so frustrating and slowing down my edits. I've realized you can also undo the image by hitting command + z but it is still a nuisance to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and it's driving me insane.

Also tried the same things with no luck 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@felixb62617238 I am not able to reproduce the issue at my end. Do you mind sharing one of the presets with which the issue is happening? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chinoy Gupta  thanks for the reply - sure, I've attached a couple of my presets for reference. But it's not limited to any one preset, or only my own presets for that matter, but happens with all of them. And it usually happens in like 90% of all cases, even with standard presets in lightroom. I've just tried "Seasons: Spring/SP02" and low and behold: same issue:

felixb62617238_0-1716802778527.png

After applying the preset, the curves are not affected.

felixb62617238_1-1716802813445.png

Applying a different preset and then re-applying the SP02 one, now the curves are correctly applied and the picture gets that pink hue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried reproducing the issue with some sample .cr2s and .arws and those presets, and I saw the bad behavior with one photo (from a Sony A7C) once. But after I reset all the sample pics, I could no longer reproduce the problem.

Perhaps it's more likely to happen with some photos than others. Upload a problem photo to Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar and post the sharing link here -- we can see if the problem is more easily reproduced.

Unfortunately, unless Adobe can reliably reproduce the issue, it's not going to get much attention from them (unless many, many more people report the same symptoms).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also still having issues with this. I thought we got it fixed last night when I was in touch with an agent who accessed my screen remotely. They said there was something wrong with my catalogue from the update and we created a new catalogue. I continued editing today and saw that the tone curve would not apply on some images unless either "reseting" the image or "undoing" the preset and reapplying the preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for trying to help us out here 🙂 - I got an A7IV so maybe it is actually related to sony pictures, but i'm not sure about that one. Also got issues with DJI and Smartphone raws. As you observed (and I think @susanlyphotography also) when you reset the picturers, it will apply the preset afterwards. My tests show, that most types of edits on a pricture will allow a preset to be applied.

So if you:

• Edit the curve first
  • Reset the picture
  • apply a different preset first

...and then second apply the preset you want to apply, the changes will affect the image. What does not work, is just applying a preset to a "virgin" image that was just importet. It usually works with the first, but from there on in it does not work.

Also, there seems to be no difference between filetyps. I've tested and seen this behavior with both sony a7IV raws (.ARW) but also DJI Raws and jpg's. I've uploaded a couple of random raws from a recent trip to tokyo via wetransfer for you to download and try it out. https://we.tl/t-YtZcPPJcJq

Files should be downloadable until June 4th, If it doesn't work, I'll try a different upload service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also tried with Canon CR3 files and am still having the same issue. As the others have said, reseting the image and reapplying the preset works but I'm in the middle of processing a few jobs with 500-700 photos so it's been really time consuming doing that for the images that don't work. I'd say it's happening to 50-80% of the images I'm batch applying the presets to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here :D- I've now tried to really purge everything and get a "clean" install of lightroom (Removed everything from adobe, all AppData, all adobe apps, settings, presets etc) and it's still the same.

One more thing, I could not reproduce this issue on my M1 MacBook Pro. So this might either be a windows only issue (maybe even a windows 10 only?) or it really only affects you randomly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw another post from a use, who has this issue on MacOs, so it seems unrelated to the OS afterall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@felixb62617238, using your sample pics and presets, I wasn't able to reproduce the problem after several iterations.

Attaching a full-resolution screen recording (not a phone recording) of the entire LR window might identify some clues for reproducing the problem or help people figure out if they've got the same symptoms or something different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just here to say I'm also having this issue and it has rendered Lightroom basically unusable. Please fix it soon.

FWIW I'm on a Mac, working on files from Nikon and Fujifilm cameras. Same problem across the board.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John R Ellisalrigth, here it is: https://we.tl/t-z310lytzb3

I've managed to show show one photo were it works, the next do not. First one I quickly show how it works, the second one I show I the reset method looks and the third one I switch between presets to make the preset apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @felixb62617238 ,

Can you please share the screenshot where the history steps are also visible when this issue has occured?

Also, when you see the preset has been selected and the edits are not applied (as shown in your first screenshot) :

a. Does hovering on the preset, cause the selection to be unselected?

b. At this point of time, does your history step mention that the preset has been applied?

It would be great if you can share the image + xmp when you hit this issue.

Thanks,

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please find the screenshot attached. As you can see, the history is basically only "imported" and "Preset applied".

a. Hovering works as normal, the selected preset is still selected, even thou curves are not applied and the preset amount slider is grayed out. I've uploaded a video in my other post, that should also show what happens, when I hover over a preset.

b.The preset applied does show up in the history, even though curves did not get applied here.

I have shared both Images and xmp. The xmp used is called FX_KYAS.xmp and is one of the ones found in my post above. I have also attached the exact image i was editing in that screenshot below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Thanks for the details. With xmp , I meant the image with its sidecar file(which is in the xmp format). For eg, when you save metadata on the raw image,  a new sidecar (.xmp) is created next to the image. Kindly attach that file as well for the above raw image that you have attached.

So in conclusion, do the following :

1) Apply the preset on the raw image

2) Do a Ctrl+S to save metadata

3) Share the raw image and the metadata.

Thanks,

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay Update: I think i identified the issue. I believe it has to do with pictures IMPORTED to Lightroom before 13.3. All my pictures where imported shortly before the update and I've got issues with all of them. I've now created a new catalog and imported the exact same pictures (Same drive location, same eveything) again and they all seem to work. I've clicked through like 20-30 and where able to apply presets to all of them without anny issues.

That would explain, why it's difficult the reproduce the issue with pictures I've provided and also why the issue doesn't show up for everybody, since a lot of people probably will update lightroom after having already edited their existing photos.

It's still a really annyoing bug, because you either loose all your edits due to having to reimport all your photos, or you can't go back and apply presets to already imported photos. So a fix would be really appreciated...

At this point, this might also just be a coincidence, maybe somebody else can confirm this behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah okay, sorry never used that feature. I've attached an image and the corresponding xmp file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for sharing these details. It is helpful in reproducing and investigating the issue.

Thanks,

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@arjunhaarithwhere you able to reproduce the issues at your end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@arjunhaarithI also got one more Update: This issues also affects pictures to which I apply the preset in the Library tab through the quick develop option or using the sync feature. Both also don't correctly apply the curves to pictures imported before Updating to 13.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @felixb62617238 ,

We have attempted a fix for this issue in the latest 13.4 release. Can you please try the same and let us know?

Thanks,

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@arjunhaarithI looks like it's fixed, I've bulk edited about 50 fotos or so , that I've had in the catalog since march and had no issuers with the presets - thanks for looking at the issue and fixing it so quickly, I know that a fix within just a month is not a given at all 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate