• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.14 started asking for license and then stopped working on develop

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since few days I cannot open develop module of my lightroom. 6.14 was the last standalone version, which I bought (as an upgrade to Lightroom 4) as I absolutely despise having to pay monthly subscription for software, which I already 'own'.

Fast forward to last month - I am no longer able to use it, as in December it started asking for license. Each time I logged in to my Adobe account and then it seemed to work. As of few days back 'Develop module is disabled' due to non-licensed product. I tried contacting Adobe Support, but support is discontinued. So I am now, 2 weeks in with my newborn son with hundreds of pics ready to be processed, stuck with no working Lightroom.

After countless re-installs latest option is - when trying to login through Help > Sign In I get a message that my browser is no longer supported (Guess it is embedded in original coding of LR to use internet explorer). 

Any experience in the matter and how to resolve it would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Finally! 

I found the solution on another thread in this community, so I am putting it below and linking for future reference:

Solution 

"On Windows delete or rename following folders

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore

Then right-click the shortcut of CC application (e.g. Photoshop or InDesign), choose "Run as administrator" (or "More" > "Run as administrator"), enter your Adobe ID and password and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact the Adobe Staff member to get assistance with activate and deactivate @CMass 

she has been assisting users in this forum.

Click on the link and send a "Private message".

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Just did. Will update this topic once resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far - no change. After checking if there are any activations left - it supposed to be OK and some are left. Still - getting message of non-genuine software. So far I am stuck. Any hints?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Solar_pi,

I have sent Carissa from Adobe 4 messages and did not receive any response.

What a shame that Adobe approves a customer support like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally! 

I found the solution on another thread in this community, so I am putting it below and linking for future reference:

Solution 

"On Windows delete or rename following folders

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore

Then right-click the shortcut of CC application (e.g. Photoshop or InDesign), choose "Run as administrator" (or "More" > "Run as administrator"), enter your Adobe ID and password and clicks Sign in."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines