• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic won't update to version 12

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom Classic won't update to version 12. It is stuck on version 11.5. Yet when I go to update in Lightroom Classic directly or via my Adobe account, apparently I am on the latest version. Am I supposed to do a fresh install? My Adbobe apps, inclluding Lightroom Classic, have always updated automatically in the past. 

Specs are:

MacBook Pro M1 Max. 

Monterey 12.6

32GB RAM

I have attached screen shots of other details. 

Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

I have managed to resolve the issue by reinstalling the Creative Cloud app. All good now. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when you click on Check for Updates on that last screen capture, what happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just opens Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't click on "Open". GoldingD has asked to click on "Check for updates".

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have managed to resolve the issue by reinstalling the Creative Cloud app. All good now. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem  - I am stuck at version 11.5 on my iMac M1 with 16GB RAM and the current version of  Ventura. The problem was first noticed before I upgraded from ??Big Sur to Ventura

I tried reinstalling Creative Cloud over the existing CC and it did nothing for me. So is there another solution to this problem?

Would appreciate some help in getting this resolved so I can start experimenting with some of the new features.

Thanks for any suggestions on how to resolve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just purchased LRc and have the same issue and the consequence is that I cannot read the RAW files from my brand new Fuji x-t5... I will go back to Cparture One if this cannot be resolved quickly. On the Creative Cloud app the latest version is shown as 11.5 and not 12.1. I have already reinstalled ther Creative Cloud app twice.

Thanks for any advice on this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just purchased LRc and have the same issue and the consequence is that I cannot read the RAW files from my brand new Fuji x-t5... I will go back to Cparture One if this cannot be resolved quickly. On the Creative Cloud app the latest version is shown as 11.5 and not 12.1. I have already reinstalled ther Creative Cloud app twice.

Thanks for any advice on this. 

By @jpcouss

1. LrC and OS version

In LrC, click on Help, click on System Info, copy the first 6 lines and please post in a reply.

perhaps this?

Lightroom Classic version: 11.5 [ 202208080927-8a575c91 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition
Version: 10.0.19044
Application architecture: x64

LrC needs to be v12.0 to support the X-T5. See:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

To install LrC v12. 0 your Windows OS needs to be:

Windows 10 (version 20H2 or later) or Windows 11 (version 21H1 or later), see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

2. Image format

Are you shooting RAF, JPEG, or HEIF?

If you have LrC v12.0, I suspect you are having an issue with HEIF.

3. Workaround if not Windows 10, and not LrC 12, is to convert to DNG file outside of LrC. Then import the DNG into LrC. A popular one for FujiX is Iridient X-Transformer, others exist including from Fujifilm.

and see:

https://blog.thomasfitzgeraldphotography.com/blog/2022/1/processing-fujifilm-raw-files-in-2022-the-b...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @GoldingD , thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention that I am using a mac.

1 - The first 6 lines are (sorry in French, but it's easy) :

Version Lightroom Classic: 11.5 [ 202208080927-8a575c91 ]
Licence: Creative Cloud
Paramètre de langue: fr-FR
Système d'exploitation : Mac OS 13
Version : 13.0.1 [22A400]
Architecture de l'application : x64

2 - I am only shooting RAW, I do not use JPG or HEIC formats at all

3 - If I cannot use LrC directly, I will not use any complicated workaround, I will revert back to Capture One.

Thanks again.

Jean-Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same. More specifically, I have the MacBook Pro M1 Max. All ican is that I played around with it a few times and it eventually worked. I don't know the issues, but I don't believe it will require a complicated workaround. Hopefully Adobe will come back to you with a soution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first I couldn't reinstall the app, I was getting incredibly frustrated. Then eventually it worked after I kept playing around with it. I am afraid i can't remember exactly what i did to fix it, and I see you have reinstalled the app twice. Hang in there.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Andrew22209458uqjz , I will try again today... I let you know.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem and if I remember correctly I had to first delete both the Creative Cloud app and the Lightroom (LrC) app. Just the apps and not any of the associated files. Then reinstall the current Creative Cloud App first and use it to download and install LrC. I think this process also allows you to update Camera Raw, Bridge, and Photoshop.

I just remember it was a bit of a pain but the process worked and LrC had my catalog and all settings available.

If memory serves correct the LrC catalog is also updated to a new format so make sure you have a catalog backup before ging through this process

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @kichigai , it still does not work for me, I have alrrady deinstalled and reinstalled the apps 4 times... I will try to contact Adobe support directly. From what I can read, my Mac has all the required specs to run the version 12.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

The Adobe support agent sent me a link to download the version 12 directly and it worked. I still do not understand why the Creative Cloud app does not recognize the proper version (it still mentions the 11.5 as being the highest LrC version I can get while 12 is now running on my Mac).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's great news. I'm glad you hung in there and were able to get it sorted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines