Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom issue with NVIDIA

Explorer ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following message pops up everytime I open up Lightroom

"The following known issues where identified on this device.  If you continue with the known issues, you may experience degraded performance with video files and stability.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 420

Driver Version:  23.21.13.9135

NVIDIA has identified a bug in your driver which might cause random crashes in your Adobe application.  Please follow the instructions listed in the linked article."  (The linked article references installation instructions for installing Graphics Driver in Windows)

Since this message started popping up,  I'm having issues with slower processing speed while doing photo edits in the Develop module and sometimes it freezes completely.  I tried turning "Use Graphics Processor" to OFF and restarting LR, but same message still pops up.   I had a computer tech person check out my computer.  They told me there is no issue with the driver and that the problem must be on Adobe/Lightroom's end.  Has anyone run into this same issue?   Is it a LR issue or issue with the graphics driver ? 

LR system info:

Lightroom Classic version: 12.3 [ 202304101834-a085245c ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition
Version: 10.0.19045
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3.3GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
CPU Utilisation: 2.0%
Built-in memory: 16329.6 MB
Dedicated GPU memory used by Lightroom: 4.7MB / 1989.9MB (0%)
Real memory available to Lightroom: 16329.6 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 896.9 MB (5.4%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 971.8 MB
GDI objects count: 741
USER objects count: 2926
Process handles count: 1614
Memory cache size: 32.5MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 15.3 [ 1451 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX
Camera Raw virtual memory: 208MB / 8164MB (2%)
Camera Raw real memory: 209MB / 16329MB (1%)
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Standard Preview Size: 1440 pixels
Displays: 1) 1280x1024
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GT 420 (23.21.13.9135)
Init State: GPU for Display supported by default
User Preference: Auto

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Flickr
3) Nikon Tether Plugin

Config.lua flags: None

Adapter #1: Vendor : 10de
Device : de2
Subsystem : 368c1458
Revision : a1
Video Memory : 1989
Adapter #2: Vendor : 1414
Device : 8c
Subsystem : 0
Revision : 0
Video Memory : 0
AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 1024
AudioDeviceName: $$$/dvaaudiodevice/SystemDefaultAndEffectiveDeviceName=System Default - Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)#{comment}DVAAU-4201250: Open the audio hardware preferences page.
AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2
AudioDeviceSampleRate: 48000
Build: LR5x19
Direct2DEnabled: false

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like the latest driver for the 420. Try rolling back to an earlier version. You can find them on the Nvidia web site.

I'm kind of concerned that since that is such a low power GPU you might have issues because of that but I can't be sure.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ken !  I  will look into upgrading/updating the GPU to a more powerful one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you do, you will need to know what kind of slots/connection you have on your motherboard to know what if any more powerful GPU cards are compatible. If you will need to regulary use the new LrC DeNoise AI feature, an nVidia 3000 series card will almost be necessary. And, you will need to consider the capacity of your current computer power supply. Newer more powerful video cards can require power supplies of at least 700 watts.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the additional information.  It's very helpful ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Graphics Processor Info: DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GT 420 (23.21.13.9135)
> Init State: GPU for Display supported by default
> User Preference: Auto

Your GPU dates from 2010 and just fails to meet the minium memory requirements of 2GB I think you'll find that it simply doesn't have the power to run many of the features in LrC's Develop module that make use of the GPU.

Above is further confirmed by LrC automatically configuring for 'Display' only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian !   I will look into getting an updated GPU that is more powerful.   Really appreciate your help on this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines