Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Activation or Deactivation versions of Lightroom 6

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have installed LR 6 on new machine. I can't activate it unless deactivated on other machine. So on other machine I did "Sign out". There is a message - "it will deactivate LR on this machine" - I clicked OK. Still can't activate. On my Adobe account there is nothing under Plans and payment->Activated devices.

So haw can I use a product on new machine? I know LR 6 is quite old, but still it is something I purchuased and I want to use.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Adobe no longer supports Lightroom 6.14 (perpetual).

What does this mean?

• Installers, one-on-one technical support, security fixes, and bug fixes are not available for perpetual license versions. User to user led support is available through our Adobe Support Community.

For the latest updates and fixes please subscribe to a Photography, Lightroom, or Creative Cloud plan. Please be aware that there are two versions of Lightroom today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

This is a reminder that the Download Availability for Lightroom 6.14 is fast approaching. Please be sure to download it before December 31, 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 508 Replies 508
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having the same problems that you are having my laptop that I had my Lightroom 6 is now broken so had to get a new one and tryed to down load LR6 and have the same problems as you, did you manage to fix the peoblem. I have got two controlers that I use one is Xtouch mini the other is loupdeck and now getting very frustrated that I can't use them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having the same problems that you are having

Provide a detailed explanation of your "problems'

my laptop that I had my Lightroom 6 is now broken

How? What Operating System and OS Number was it?

so had to get a new one

What Operating System and OS Number?

and tryed to down load LR6

From where and how?

and have the same problems as you,

Is that 'Activation', 'Install', or something else?

I have got two controlers that I use one is Xtouch mini the other is loupdeck

Loupedeck works with Lr v6.14 and Lr-Classic. ( I use one)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.14:

Windows 10 64bit

@CMass  I have the same problem as described by piotrt44076464: I have installed new hardware (motherboard, CPU, RAM) in my computer with the same, old SSD. Now I can't use my Lightroom due to to many activated copies. How can I solve this problem?

- The deactivation via the account service is not possible -> a software without any subscription.

- Installing (and therefore deactivating) on the old system is not possible. Because the SSD is the same. I have not installed my Windows new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Careeeesa Hello! I have the same problem as piotrt44076464 as well. Is there anyway you can help me as well? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I had an old version of LR (number 6) and as my laptop crashed I wanted to install it on my new computer but at the end of the installation it says

Exit Code: 7
Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DS003 ...

- 1 fatal error(s), 0 error(s
FATAL: DS003: Installer package might be corrupt. Re-download the installer and try again. 
I did it few times with the same result
I bought the software myself so it can't be corrupt

Could you help me please ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the thread available at the link below for assistance.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-activation-or-deactivation-versions-o...

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years ago I purchased Lightroom 6 on a CD with perpetual licence. I neither want nor need anything beyond what is on the CD ROM and I understand that this service is now moved to the Cloud and LR6 is unsupported etc, but as I say the contents of the CD meet my current needs.

However I would like to install the LR6 program to my new laptop and I know that it is permissible to have this program on two machines as long as it is only used on one machine at a time. The problem is that although I have installed it ok on my laptop I get the message that I have exceeded the activation limit even though it is only installed on my desktop. I previously had it on my old laptop but this machine was formatted before being recycled!

I suspect that somewhere deep in Adobeland the old laptop may be activated as a second user but as this machine has been replaced how do I move the registration to my new laptop? To confuse matters further when I look at my Adobe account it shows no activations at all!

Help would be much appreciated. Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 is no longer officially supported by Adobe, the only way to activate a new computer or deactivate a former unit is by contacting Adobe directly. There is a thread in the forum where you can provide an Adobe staff named @CMass, provide her with the particulars of your Adobe ID and other relevant info via private messaging her in the forum.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-activation-or-deactivation-versions-o...

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to contact Adobe. Right now, it seems that if you send a private message to Adobe employee @CMass that she can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Antony5D12  Please PM your Adobe ID and Serial number. 

Best, 

Careeeesa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the contact, however I was able to make live contact with
Adobe last night and my issue was resolved. Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
Does the lightroom 6 need the activation process or no?

Purchased many years ago, now there is a problem with migration to new pc. Installation calls activation what is not necessary in the case of such old software - as I know.

Online activation fails every time with message the license number is correct but do not match with software? WHAT? License number for Lightroom 6 do not match software installation Lightroom 6? Am I silly?

Offline method even fails....

Maybe someone knows how to install Lightroom 6 to use it on new pc?

Thanks for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, missed: new system is Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

@CMass is the usually go-to Adobe employee for LR6 activation issues. You should drop her a DM.

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CMassCan you help me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @masut  

Please PM me your Adobe ID and your serial number. 

Best, 

Careeeesa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

@CMass can I PM you? I've got the same issue with LR6 activation/deactivation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CareeeesaCan you help me please?  LR6 reset count activation  issue .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CMass I am also having the same issue. Could you please help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I should have deactivated my license on my old machine but I get to excited with a new one to remember. I called support and asked them to reset (not because I needed support on the product but because of the draconian licensing system of Adobe that doesnt offer self reset via cloud portal) and they told me to shove off and come here.

I am skeptical but will keep my fingers crossed that someone here can in fact take my SN and reset my activation count.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help if you could provide details of the Lightroom version you wish to activate on new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is Lightroom (Perpetual v6?), then one Adobe Staff member may be able to help.

In this following link @CMass is very obliging to reset activations- (as in the correct answer)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I thought it would email me when someone replied (it did not). 

Its for my single license copy: 

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 (Mac,Win,English)

1160-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not trust emails- (possible scams!)

If you click on @CMass  You will see the profile for Careeeesa (Adobe staff member) who has been very obliging to reset Lightroom activations- as in the discussion link I gave earlier.

Send a Private Message with your details and Serial Number and wait for a reply in the Private Message (envelope) link at the top of this forum screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @Rob_Cullen mentioned, please PM me directly.

Best, 

Careeeesa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines