Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Install LR 6 on new harddisk/computer

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have been a happy user os Lightroom 6 for years. A few days ago my SSD broke down which ment I had to get a new clean SSD with a clean Windows 10 on it. How do I install LR 6 again? 

I found an installer for it (not on Adobe's pages), but when it tells to log in during installation it says I should update the browser..? Everything is up to date and I can't update anything. How to fix this? And how do I install LR 6?

BR Jacob

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can. A new disk and a clean version of Windows will no doubt convince Lightroom 6 this is a new computer. That means it will need to register again, but as far as I know those servers are now taken offline.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a difficult time understanding this. I bought the software. I own it. Yet I am not allowed to install it. Instead Adobe is forcing me to buy something new.. What a scam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, life if full of scams like that. I bet you did not get a free SSD replacement either, did you? 

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course not. The SSD broke down. LR6 did not. Strange comparison... 

Likewise, I don't have to pay once again for all of my other software that I have downloaded again. I could ask you, if you get a new phone can you download all your paid apps to the new phone, or do you have to buy them once again? It would be ridiculous if you had to buy again, right?

It's like if my engine of my car was replaced, and then I had to buy to have the doors and wheels replaced as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"when it tells to log in during installation it says I should update the browser..?"

Please post a full-resolution screenshot (not a phone pic) of the entire screen showing that message (the rest of the screen could provide important context).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are screenshots of the installation process. It is in Danish though..

The last one roughly says: "Update the browser. To use Adobe services you must update your Adobe apps, operating system and the browser to the newest versions." I have done all that.

screenshots.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Google translation:

johnrellis_0-1718480443205.png

What version of Windows 10 are you running?

Which browser and what is its exact version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Home version 22H2.

Google Chrome Version 126.0.6478.62 (Officiel version) (64-bit)
(Also installed Microsoft Edge Version 126.0.2592.56 (Officielt build) (64-bit))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot one thing! When I open the installer it now gives me this warning (it didn't do that yesterday). It says I should restart before continuing. I have done that, but still this warning.

screenshot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google translation:

Untitled.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installer appears very confused.  You could try running the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to delete all traces of Adobe Creative Cloud apps and then try reinstalling:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, where did you get your copy of the 6.14 installer?  You can get a trustworthy copy of Adobe's installer from here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-lightroom-6-14-download-is-no-longer-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the installer I downloaded. (Found the link on reddit - didn't thought it was directly from Adobe but now I know).

Since I couldn't get this to work I have downloaded a trial version of the newest Lightroom Classic since I had to process some photos. Berfore I use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, will it delete Lightroom Classic, catalouge and the settings I have just made and downloaded?

Thank you for trying to help, John!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Before I use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, will it delete Lightroom Classic, catalouge and the settings I have just made and downloaded?"

The Cleaner Tool won't delete your catalog, but it will delete the LR Classic preferences file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried installing LR 6.14 into a virgin Windows 11 virtual machine, and before starting the actual installation of LR 6, the newly installed Adobe Application Manager (which predates the Creative Cloud desktop app) asks me to sign in:

johnrellis_0-1718654423387.png

WhenI click Install or Try, I get:

johnrellis_1-1718654487016.png

I think the last time I installed Windows LR 6.14 was perhaps February or March 2024.  I've got LR 6.14 installed in an existing virtual machine, and it runs OK.  This does further suggest that Adobe has shut down the services that allowed the old Application Manager to sign in with your Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a ton for your big effort, John! Seams like there is no way I can get back to LR 6.. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonsoir,

je n'arrive plus à ouvrir  Lightroom 6.14, aprés une réinitialisation de mon ordi. Je précise que j'avais acquis la mise à jour "légalement", il y a quelques années, aprés Lightroom 5. J'ai à chaque fois ce message: 

Mettez votre navigateur à jour

Veuillez mettre à jour vos applications Adobe, votre système d’exploitation et votre navigateur sur leur dernière version pour pouvoir utiliser les services Adobe.

Je suis sur Windows 10. Merci pour votre éventuelle réponse. Philippe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post moved to Lightroom Classic Discussions forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this forum thread for the answers from @John R Ellis 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/install-lr-6-on-new-harddisk/td-p/14683...

"This does further suggest that Adobe has shut down the services that allowed the old Application Manager to sign in with your Adobe ID."

I believe that Lightroom 6.14 is totally 'End of Life'. A subscription to the Photography Plan 20GB is one way forward.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 14.0, Photoshop 26.0, ACR 17.0, Lightroom 8.0, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 15.0.0, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Lightroom 6.14 running on Windows 11

I replaced a computer and try to install LR 6.14 on the new one.

I have the installation program and everything but the registration seems to work.

After installing LR 6.14  I am asked to register it and this is where things seem to stop and going nowhere.
In my Adobe account the software shows with serial number and everyhting, and it is only installed and running on one computer (installed in early 2023 on Windwos 11 and it rund just fine).

Any work around solution to get the new install to register and run?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, if you have had TWO Acitvations registered in the past (maybe on different computers, or an upgraded sytem) then you are "Up the Creek...." unless you can De-activate one of those installations (on the computer). You might see a message like 'Activation Limit reached'. Adobe support staff cannot and will not 'reset activations' as the activation servers have been closed to them.

If you cannot get your system working with 6.14 as per the instructions from @kglad in this link-

Lightroom 6 on a new PC - Adobe Community - 14638162

then I am afraid it is the "End of the Line" for you and v6.14

The Photography Plan (20GB) is then the only way forward with Lightroom-Classic v13.3 (the latest upgrade for Legacy Lr v6.14)

@ BUY PHOTOGRAPHY PLANS

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 14.0, Photoshop 26.0, ACR 17.0, Lightroom 8.0, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 15.0.0, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

registration is no longer possible, and is unimportant.

could you activate it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing LR 6.14 I am asked to register it and this is where things seem to stop and going nowhere.

So what steps do you follow when you are asked to "register" it? Please give us the exact words in the dialog box that asked you to register it. Is the dialog box asking for a serial number? Is this where you have problems, when you enter the serial number? Describe exactly what happens when you "register" it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines