Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Print module does not work correctly macOS Ventura

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I work on a Mac Studio, macOS 13.0.1 and LR version 12.0.1, unfortunately I can't print on our fine art papers. All saved presets are not loaded properly. When I apply one preset, wrong paper sizes are selected, wrong ICC profiles. Prints only works if I set everything manually for each picture. If I reset everything and create a new preset, the settings don't take effect on the next print. I've had this error since I did the macOS update and LR update. I urgently ask for help why LR does not use the pressure specifications correctly. greetings Andreas

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the Apple has changed the Print dialog in Mac OS 13 -- see if this post helps:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-problem-with-zoom-to-fill-in-lightroom-print...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the link, but the problem seems somehow to be related to LR. If I open my printer defaults with another program, the settings match, if I open my printer defaults with LR, the defaults are not correct, the settings are somehow reset or set incorrectly?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On this end, latest LR and macOS 13.0.1, something is really wrong with color management as seen below with the Epson 3880. I've got Application (not Printer) managing color, and selected a profile as seen, but the driver setup is wrong. It should be automatically set for ColorSync not what is shown below (Epson Color Controls). Not an issue in Photoshop, it runs fine. Printing this way makes an awful (incorrect) print:

ColorSync.jpg

Now I simply select to print to the Epson P800, it is OK:

P800.jpg

When printing in LR, you do not want to use Presets in the printed driver! That's all part of the Template and setup you make in LR so keep Presets to Default. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to hate Ventura. 

Disregard the last message. I quit LR, and opened it again, and now the CS ratio button is grayed out, thankfully. 

I built a new user template, and hopefully, this will stick. But I'd warn folks, at least using Epson printers to ensure this ratio button is correctly invoked; I have no idea if it might default back and produce another butt-ugly print. 

With the radio button correctly sent, LR and Photoshop produce identical prints as they should. 

But the bit about not using a preset in the driver still applies. Keep it at "None" and with the radio button correctly set now, it prints correctly.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answers, I also use an Epson printer and unfortunately have to create specifications in the printer setting because I save different paper formats and use the rear paper feed as well as the print quality here. Defaults in LR can be saved well, but LR does not take the defaults from the printersettings, If I select the printerdefaults, the settings do not match. It's verry annoying but maybe I'll find a way that I'll be happy to share with you guys.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines