• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

"unable to reach Adobe servers - try later" prevented me from being able to use Lightroom classic

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an eight-family photo shoot the night before Christmas Eve and was unable to shoot tethered to Lightroom Classic with the above error message. I could not load any Creative Cloud app, because it could not verify my login information.  I am so flipping mad, I can't contain myself, that's why I'm writing instead of talking to tech support.

I've been a paying Adobe client for 20 years, and it used to be that my login information needed to be verified at least once every 30 days. Now it's every freaking time, and that is so annoying.  What if I want to work off the grid? What if the power goes down?  Etc. etc.

How can I prevent this from happening?     

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you completely signed out and then back in? Sign out (not quit) Are you able to access your catalog via lightroom.adobe.com? Can you log in to your Adobe account and verify that nothing has changed with your payment method? Do you use other Adobe apps - if yes are you having problems across the board or just with Lightroom?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you signed out of Creative Cloud app when this happened? Also, do you routinely sign out of Creative Cloud when you shutdown your computer. If you stay signed in at all times, all your apps should work fine if you temporarily have no internet connection.

Kenneth Seals

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that assumes you never leave your office.

The night before the photoshoot, I tested the laptop at home to make sure the camera and computer combination would work tethered together.  I did not "sign out", I merely turned the computer off and packed it for travel.

The following night, I signed onto a different network at the customer's home.  That's what I'm guessing triggered the "we don't recognize you" function, causing me to need to authenticate.  Their Internet was working just fine as I was able to connect to other sites.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PhotoDB,

We're sorry for the trouble. There's nothing wrong with our servers, and we haven't heard anything related to the other users. We can help you to resolve this issue. Please restart your computer, once it's up sign out and sign in from the Creative Cloud Desktop app. 

Once done, launch Lightroom Classic and see if it works for you. Let us know the status. 

Thanks,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The night before the photoshoot, I tested the laptop at home to make sure the camera and computer combination would work tethered together.  I did not "sign out", I merely turned the computer off and packed it for travel.

The following night, I signed onto a different network at the customer's home.  That's what I'm guessing triggered the "we don't recognize you" function, causing me to need to authenticate.  Their Internet was working just fine as I was able to connect to other sites.

However, if I can believe the message received, Adobe's server was down and would not let me in - EVEN THOUGH - it worked well enough to send me three or four text messages with verification code numbers.  After inputting those, each time it came back with the darn, "Sorry, our servers are down at the moment - try again later" message.

Seems like a simple coding issue to me.  A cookie on the computer would prevent that problem, with just a single line "Last verified = 12/23/22."  Then if I logged on anytime before 1/23/23, it should let me in - Internet or not.  I'm not a programmer, but that seems simple enough to me. I would hope Adobe's crew could come up with something equally as efficient if they wanted to, but I've seen this issue on and off for years now. 

It's working just fine now back at my home, so all I want is some assurance that I can keep it working when I leave my home network.

If you search my records, you'll see I've been battling this for more than three years on and off. 

Also, I'm sorry but I don't know whether to believe your servers weren't actually down when I got this message a day or so ago that your mailboxes were all full.  Such irony!  I expect better of Adobe.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the screen shot.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your mail server is also still screwed up.  This is going downhill fast. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is adobe.omnisoft.com? The email address you have posted in the screen shot is a no-reply address meaning that it is not a viable email - it is not going anywhere that is monitored.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines