• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Same file name but completely different photos

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took some photos of my son a few months ago and imported them into Lightroom like I always do and left them there.

im just getting around to editing them now and I'm running into a slight problem. Some of the files have the exact same name but are completely different photos and Lightroom doesn't seem to know the difference.

I can view all of these photos in the library module, but as soon as I try to switch over to the develop module some of the photos change to the file with the same name. 
example: one photos is a hat the other is a shoe, but they're both called hhp2277.nef. I can't view the photo of the hat in the library but if I try to make any edits it switches to the photo of the shoe. 
The memory card has already been formatted so I can't just re-import them.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, what folder are you in when seeing the grid in the library module? Or perhaps you are in the collection All Photographs?

If in all photographs, scroll down and select the folder the photos are in.

Second off, in the Library Menu, is Show Photos in Subolders on? Turn that off

Point is to see just the photos in one folder.

If you do not see the duplicate files, then they are of course in separate folders. But assuming they are in the same folder, right click and select show in Finder (MAC)  (Show in Explore??? on Windows, not on my Windows PC)

So, those files, in your OS FIle manager, do they show up? Same names? Should not be possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have not done so, backup your photos,

then

Create a new catalog. Import those photos into the new catalog, Your choice as to an ADD, or a COPY.

Does the new catalog behave the same way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines