• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selections from keyword list not showing in keywording box

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Lightroom Classic 11.3.1 with Windows 11, version 21H2, OS build 22000.675

1. Select "Metadata" > "Keyword" > "None"

2. Select some photos.

3. Select "Metadata" > "Keyword" > "All (x keywords)"

4. Select keyword from "Keyword List". Check mark shows and keyword shows up in "Keywording" box.

5. Select another keyword from "Keyword List" for same photos. "Check mark does not show in "Keywording List" and Keyword does ot showup in the "Keywording" box.

6. Select "Metadata" > "Keyword > first keyword that selected in the "Keyword List

7. Now both the first and second keyword selected become visible in "Keywording" box and both are shown as selected in the "Keyword List"

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

"Can this be reproduced with the newly released 11.4 version?"

I can't reproduce either of my two recipes in 11.4.  It appears to have been fixed along with the other metadata-display bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

I am no longer seeing my problem with version 11.4

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting bug -- perhaps it's related to the other bugs in 11.3 and 11.3.1 with the display of metadata.

Took me a bit to decipher your steps -- here's a more verbose step-by-step.  I've attached a screen recording showing it on LR 11.3.1 / Mac OS 12.4.

1. Make sure File > Library Filters > Enable Filters is unchecked.

2. In the Keyword List, create two keywords, k1 and k2.

3. Enable Library Filters.

4.  In the Library Filter bar, click Metadata to open the Metadata browser and configure one column, Keyword.

5. In the Keyword column, click None.

5. Select a photo.

6. In the Keyword column, click All.

6. In the Keyword List, click the checkbox for k1. Verify k1 appears in the Keywording panel and the Keyword column.

7. In the Keyword List, click the checkbox for k2. Observe that the check doesn't appear, nor does k2 appear in the Keywording panel or the Metadata browser's Keyword column. (Incorrect behavior.)

8. In the Keyword column, click k1.  Observe that k2 now appears checked in the Keyword List and appears in the Keywording panel and the Keyword column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another recipe showing similar symptoms when trying to delete keywords. Screen recording attached:

1. Make sure File > Library Filters > Enable Filters is checked and there are no keywords in the Keyword List.

2.  In the Library Filter bar, click Metadata to open the Metadata browser and configure one column, Keyword.

3. In the Keyword column, click None.

4. Select a photo.

5. In the Keyword column, click All.

6. In the Keywording panel, type "k1, k2" to add the two keywords to the selected photo.

7. In the Keyword List, select k1 and k2 and click the "-" button to delete the keywords.

8. Observe that the keywords still appear in the Keyword List, the Keywording panel, and the Keyword column.

9. In the Keyword column, click None and observe the k1 and k2 have now disappeared from the Keyword List, the Keywording panel, and the Keyword column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography, I've verified and expanded on the bug recipe and added a related recipe. Please move into Bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if it is relevant, but I have perhaps 1000 keywords and >100,000 photos with keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Don't know if it is relevant, but I have perhaps 1000 keywords and >100,000 photos with keywords."

I'm able to reproduce the problems with a test catalog with a few photos and two keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this be reproduced with the newly released 11.4 version?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Can this be reproduced with the newly released 11.4 version?"

I can't reproduce either of my two recipes in 11.4.  It appears to have been fixed along with the other metadata-display bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am no longer seeing my problem with version 11.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines