Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serial Number Lightroom (v.1117303)

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

After eight years of running lightroom v 1117303 (w/updates) I have been prompted when opening the application to give a serial number.  I have tried using serial numbers on my Adobe dashboard/account page but to no avail.  Obviously I no longer have the box.  

I am using a MacBook Pro and it is not a Creative Cloud based application.  The MacBook Pro is running High Sierra 10.13.6  I have had NO recent changes in OS or updates on the Lightroom.  

Why am I suddenly getting a message saying I need to either use a free trial or register or buy (again) the product?

Can someone help me?

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no serial number for a subscription version of LR. 

Can you post a screen capture of what you're seeing? 

Did you try logging out of, then back into Adobe Creative Cloud? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot:Screen Shot 2022-11-27 at 15.52.20.png

I have logged out and in numerous times, alas, no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this Lightroom 6, or some earlier version?

Did you possibly perhaps maybe un-install the Lightroom Creative Cloud application that is required for Lr 6 to check if your serial number/license is valid?

Do you make regular backups of your system disk? Perhaps there is a valid preference file amongst the backups that might be usable.

If you don't have the serial number, and can't find it, there's not much we can do to help.

By the way, saying you don't have the box is pretty much like saying "I have no control over anything" — but — there was nothing stopping you from recording the serial number somewhere where you can retrieve it if needed, did you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Not sure if it is LR6 all I can find is the version number 1117303.  I do know it is not cloud based.

I did not do any sort of unistalling of various applications.  

I do have regular backups.  What is a "valid preference file"?

No, probably didn't make a reference copy of the serial number, which is why I am posting here.  But it mostly just seems odd that after eight years it is deciding to ask for it again [awkward face emoji]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not do any sort of unistalling of various applications.

And yet these things happen accidentally or unknowingly. Is there a Creative Cloud application installed on your computer?

I do have regular backups. What is a "valid preference file"?

I can't be specific about Lr 6 or earlier any more, as I don't have a Mac and even on Windows I don't remember the details, but you can try to use your operating system to search all of your backups for files whose name ends with .AGPREFS (now maybe way back in Lr 6 it had a different name, I just don't remember any more).

Not sure if it is LR6 all I can find is the version number 1117303.

Where did you find that? Please be specific and detailed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for that lightroom 6 information.  I found that by right-clicking on the LR application in the "Applications Folder" in the Finder window and selecting "Get Info".

I do have a CC application on the desktop.  When I attempt to launch Lightroom through the CC app (below-left) or through directly clicking on the application file, I get the standard start up window that has a pretty flower and says Lightroom 6, then I get the sign-in window (below, right)

Screen Shot 2022-11-27 at 16.31.14.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-27 at 16.32.38.png

I also have some sort of Adobe GC Client App (not sure when that ended up there...) on the desktop as well.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So indeed, this is an older version (6) that requires a serial number and you'll have to dig it up. This version doesn't have much if anything to do with the Adobe Creative Account but I'm curious why you have it, are you a subscriber to other Adobe products, does a newer version of LR show up, can you install that version? LR does show in your screen capture, so why would you want LR6? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So indeed, this is an older version (6) that requires a serial number and you'll have to dig it up.

Oh geesh...

This version doesn't have much if anything to do with the Adobe Creative Account but I'm curious why you have it, are you a subscriber to other Adobe products, does a newer version of LR show up, can you install that version?

Yes I subscribe to other Adobe products, an included in that bundle is LR both CC and Classic.

LR does show in your screen capture, so why would you want LR6? 

Good Question!  I have an older laptop (which mostly still works fine!) that the newer versions of LR don't work on.  LR6 does.  And it works well too.

Hmmmm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would seem that this indicates you do have Lr 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it turns out there are some .agprefs files on my backup drive... see image below.

Screen Shot 2022-11-27 at 16.56.40.png

How could I make use of them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .agprefs files will open in a text editor. See if anything in these files looks like a 24-digit serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I looked around in the files but they were pretty short, five or so lines, but nothing viable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some facts-

1) Lightroom v6.xx (Perpetual) is not supported by Adobe.
2) Lr6 cannot be downloaded from Adobe.
3) Lr6 cannot be updated from Adobe.
4) Lr6 cannot be operated with a Serial Number only. It also requires Activation..

4a) Lr6 can be installed as either 'Perpetual' or 'Creative Cloud' Subscription. To be 'Perpetual' you must NOT install the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. If the CC Desktop App is installed you will need to use the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool to wipe all Adobe 'stuff' and re-install v6 with the Serial Number.  CLEANER TOOL LINK 

4b) As Perpetual you need your Serial Number.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html
5) Lr6 must be ACTIVATED to be useable beyond a Trial term.
6) You cannot Activate online to Adobe within the App.
7) You cannot De-activate online direct to Adobe within the App.
8) Lr6 is not known to be compatible with Windows-11. It will not install in Mac iOS (BigSur, Catalina, Monterey)
9) Downloads for v6.14 are only available via this link- The download link IS for v6.14

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

10)  Lr6 can only be Activated/ Deactivated, and 'Activations' RESET by a  Chat to a sympathetic Support staff member, CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT from the Chat link: 

Be Signed-In here with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser.

Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Ask only for ACTIVATION RESET of Lr6. (Do NOT ask for 'Support' -you will be referred back to the forums!)

Lightroom-(Perpetual) has morphed into Lightroom-Classic which is now at Version 12.0.1  , many advanced features and improved editing added since v6.

Available by subscription-  $9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA) 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, thanks for all that information. 

But ultimately it sounds like I need the serial number whether to Activate or to just enter it into the pop-up window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you must have your Serial Number to allow the install as a 'Perpetual' version.

Yes, enter it in the pop-up window.

And if you have the CC Desktop App installed- it will ask you to [Sign In] to your 'Subscription' version- A subscription which you apparently do not have.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html#IfyoupurchasedfromAdobecomorregi...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have used the same Adobe Account over time, the various serial numbers of perpetual licenses and unpgrade versions bought and associated with this account are listed there. Going back plenty far enough!

richardplondon_0-1669663192815.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, thanks for that suggestion.  I thought that maybe indeed i had used a different email to sign into adobe, but alas, there were two accounts, but neither showed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I followed along one of your links and downloaded a LR6 2015 CC install.  I went through the steps, and it when it prompted for "trial version" or "license now" I chose trial, and then a surprise message showed up.  There was a box that popped up on the screen and said something to the effect:  "weve found a licensed version on your computer, so we are installing in that directory.  You can still enjoy the trial version for 30 days. . . "  Unfortunately I don't remember it exactly .  .  .   

In the end I got access to my photos, which, while I will still have access to them (via the finder and hard drive) the organization and use of them will be a nightmare.  .  . 

I shall see what happens in 30 days. . .  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rob_Cullen I accidently replied to @richardplondon in relation to some of the links you posted; put it wrong place in thread, but wanted to direct you to something meant for you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Yes I subscribe to other Adobe products, an included in that bundle is LR both CC and Classic."

So what do you exactly subscribe for, AND pay a monthly or annual subscription fee?

IF you really do have a subscription to a Plan that includes Lightroom-Classic, (Photography Plan 20GB) your Operating System Version 10.13.6 will support Lightroom-Classic Version 9-

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements/2020.html

So if I were you I would be contacting Adobe Support for a download of Lightroom-Classic v9, and install that without all this 'carry-on' with Lightroom 6 (the old perpetual version.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines