Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Shadow slider acting crazy with Leica Q2 DNG files (high ISO)

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Im having issues with my Leica Q2 DNG files in Lightroom Classic (LRC 10.4 with ACR 13.4). on Mac OSX 11.5.2
This does not happen with other RAW converters.
I saw similar issue with Leica SL2 DNG files but not other cameras I tried

File type:
imported DNG raw file from Leica Q2. Issue happens mainly with files at 2500 ISO and over. with large shadow space

Behavior:
- when moving the shadow recovery slider past 50, it starts adding a lot of bright noise in the deep shadows. you can even see the image blink while sliding the cursor
- if using curve sliders instead, the issue doesnt happen and the shadows can be recovered with minimum noise
- if using the LR engine 1 or 2 the issue doesnt happen
- not sure if this is normal but if I try to use the engine 3 or 4 it reverts automatically to 5 when i move the slider

- same issue with Photoshop and Lightroom Cloud. So I assume its a problem with ACR?

tried changing GPU cfg, NR settings etc.. doesnt matter

here are 2 crops of the DNG file. the one with massive noise is from LR after recovering shadows. the clean one is from another RAW converter after recovering the shadows

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 5.20.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-15 at 5.21.40 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In tne Histogram, do you have show clipping turned on?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I dont. The noise shows on export in JPG too by the way. so its not just rendering

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

bump

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines