• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Undo brush stroke Question

Contributor ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: when trying to undo an adjustment brush stroke, the undo action is also deleting the mask. "Undo" is undoing 2 steps when it should only go back 1 step.

Please see attached video of issue and reproduction. p.s. your site won't let me upload video (which is not desirable for sharing info with you).  Here's a link:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av6HNmcdvUEAqMAsORwA-YA6QHFzSg?e=YdFIdY

LR Classic 11.1 Windows 10 19041.1415

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

This is not a bug, it's per design.

When you select a componet (not Ai)  and don't draw it doest count as a step.

Only when you actually draw it is recorded as a step.

A workaround is to delete the brush, the Mask will stay open, then add another brush to it (Add or Alt +k)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a bug, it's per design.

When you select a componet (not Ai)  and don't draw it doest count as a step.

Only when you actually draw it is recorded as a step.

A workaround is to delete the brush, the Mask will stay open, then add another brush to it (Add or Alt +k)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the explanation, I understand. At this point I'd like Adobe to rethink this intentional design as it is illogical from the user perspective and I'll give 2 examples.

1) The spot healing brush tool does not work like this. Select the heal tool and remove an object. Then hit "undo". The object returns, but the tool stays active, ready to be used again. Same for the red-eye tool. Also the same in Photoshop. Select nearly any tool in PS (heal, marquee, selector, brush, burn, clone, etc.) and then do something. Hit Undo,  tool stays active, ready to be used again.

2) Imagine a painter, in real life, who has a Magic Remote Control. She goes to the cupboard and gets out all of her paints and painting tools, She gets them set up and gets ready to paint. Then she paints her first brush stroke on the canvas. She decides it was a mistake and wants to wipe clean that single brush stroke, so she activates her Magic Remote to Undo. Poof, all of her paints and brushes disappear back into the closet and she has to go through the setup process all over again.

I know that Adobe works hard to do a great job of understanding the very efficient workflow of full-time professionals who use the tools everyday. Fewest clicks possible is always the goal, logical efficiency. This new brush function has added and extra click in this situation, an extra step that did not exist before, and also does not act the same way as other tools in the PS ecosystem.

And so I ask for change, when we hit the UNDO button to remove a brush stroke, the tool should remain active and ready to move forward. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd be totally in favor of changing the Undo behavior for the Brush when it is the first and only component in a mask. This has happened to me way too many times, exactly like the OP describes it: I start a new brush with the K key and after I made the first brush stroke realize that I had the wrong brush active (A instead of B), the flow was too strong, the feather wasn't right, whatever... I hit CTRL-Z and then have to go back to K and begin with a new brush again; it doesn't seem logical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines