• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VSCO Keys plugin - Shortcut bug with Lightroom Classic 10.1 (Mac)

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I've been using VSCO Keys for years now to set custom shortcuts which dramatically helps speeding up my editing flow. As a wedding photographer I need to review and edit between 75000 and 150000 images every year, hence the importance to use custom shortcuts in LR.

However since the last update (Lightroom 10.1) I am encountering an issue with the "Q", "W", "E" and "R" VSCO shortcuts set to decrease or increase the Tint or Temperature of my images. The other VSCO shortcuts still work fine, hence my confusion.

Every time I would try to change the white balance using these shortcuts, the change would be shown properly in the editing History, however the WB would suddently change to (Custom WB, Temp 2000, Tint -150). I have attached a screenshot to show the discrepancy between what I intend to do in "History" and what is actually happening to my images (Custom WB, Temp 2000, Tint -150).

I have been trying to call Adobe Customer Support in Australia but my call was declined after waiting for about 30 minutes on the line.

I would really appreciate your help to either fix this issue or recommend alternative ways to set custom slider / incremental shortcuts in Lighroom Classic 10.1.

For info, I am using macOS Catalina version 10.15.6 on iMac.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Hi Damien,

Sorry to hear you're facing this issue. Could you please confirm what version of VSCO Keys you're using?

I've just recorded this video using Lightroom 10.1 and VSCO Keys 2.0.5 (the version that I released) and don't seem to be facing this issue. I'm on macOS Big Sur 11.1.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1eoab2fdax0f822/lightroom.mp4?dl=0

Kind regards,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Ah yep, that's because of Apple's developer license check. You can follow the instructions here to get around that. https://github.com/vsco/keys/issues/39#issuecomment-573490573

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
Since you Can't Edit your original post to remove the Attached screen shot Please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation by clicking the Blue Reply button under your original post and use the Insert Photos icon in the tool bar.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.

2020-11-19 10_13_55-Pasting images into posts - Adobe Support Community - 11608749.png

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 11.49.35 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, unfortunately I experience the same bug - "Q", "W", "E" and "R" (used as hotkeys with plugin VSCO Keys) drastically change white balance on images - causing the effect visible on Damien's screenshot.

Would be really happy if there was a solution to that. I believe it can be done within Lightroom or within VSCO Keys (as it's open source).

I'm using Windows 10 64bit. (Lightroom 10.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tom, 

I had to revert back to the previous version of Lightroom 10.0 which seems to be working fine for me until someone can update VSCO for it to work on more recent versions.

I just thought I would let you know this can be a temporary solution if you are experiencing the same issue. 

Cheers, 
Damien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Damien,

Sorry to hear you're facing this issue. Could you please confirm what version of VSCO Keys you're using?

I've just recorded this video using Lightroom 10.1 and VSCO Keys 2.0.5 (the version that I released) and don't seem to be facing this issue. I'm on macOS Big Sur 11.1.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1eoab2fdax0f822/lightroom.mp4?dl=0

Kind regards,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for this. I am using version 1.0.9.0 which might be the problem.

I tried downloading your version 2.0.5 but getting the below message when trying to launch the installation. Do you know how to fix this?

“vscokeys-2.0.5-OPENSOURCE-osx” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

Thanks, 
Damien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yep, that's because of Apple's developer license check. You can follow the instructions here to get around that. https://github.com/vsco/keys/issues/39#issuecomment-573490573

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, be sure to remove your existing version of VSCO Keys before installing the new version. I've recorded a guide here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y_QQZRlpWY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, 

I managed to install VSCO 2.0.5 as per your instructions and it now works properly with LR 10.1

Thanks heaps and all the best!
Damien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, how are you doing.

I´m facing the same issue on Windows 10 + Lightroom Classic + VscoKeys

All Shortcuts seams to work fine, except Tempereature and Tint that has the same issue as mentioned.

I´ve already uninstalled everything and installed the latest version and the issus stays the same.

Does anyone have found any solutions?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@henriqueribas wrote:

Hey guys, how are you doing.

I´m facing the same issue on Windows 10 + Lightroom Classic + VscoKeys

All Shortcuts seams to work fine, except Tempereature and Tint that has the same issue as mentioned.

I´ve already uninstalled everything and installed the latest version and the issus stays the same.

Does anyone have found any solutions?

Thanks

I've the same probleme with Temperature&Tint with the last LR version and macAir M1.  
VSCO 2.0.5 doesn't work. Please, help me beacause the plug-in is very important for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines