• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add option to create a virtual copy of photo when adding to an existing collection

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I share this idea, through a post I found when I was looking for the same solution.

"It would be nice it was possible to create a virtual copy when dragging a photo to an existing collection.

What I would like to do: I have a collection "A" with photo X, I drag X to collection "B" and I want to hava VC of X in collection B.

What I currently do: in collection "A" I select X, make a VC, drag the VC to B, delete the VC from A.

So it would be an "addition" to the option that let us add virtual copies when creating a new collection. In my imagination this would happen when I drag and drop a photo and hold some modifier key."

-

It would be very useful for me to be able to add a virtual copy of photo A to existing collections.
So I could have a collection for each type of crop format more quickly.

-

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-add-option...

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could see this being useful, like holding down the Opt key to copy a file to a folder using the OS rather than moving it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would also like this as I often want to add an image to a collection as a virtual copy. Currently, I have to add the image, create a VC, and remove the original image. As an example, I have a collection for my Mac wallpapers with VC's that have been cropped and have some more sharpening etc. Example 2 is a collection of images that are going to be edited later in Photoshop where I have removed some of the Lightroom Develop settings, but I still want to have the fully developed original that has been published etc. Example 3 is a client collection that contains various Print versions of cropped images of different aspect ratios.

Votes

Translate

Translate