• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Camera and Lens profile support for Olympus SLRs

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any chance at all of having LR3 provide lens and camera profiles for the Olympus E3 digital SLR ?

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012
Support for distortion correction for all MFT lenses and cameras has been there automatically since the beginning, for both Panasonic and Olympus cameras. This happens automatically, without any action needed by the user. You should not expect to find any profiles listed in the popups, because the corrections are always applied.

Details here: Cameras with built-in lens profile support

Votes

Translate

Translate
33 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Roger,

While we continually create and release new lens profiles with each Camera Raw update, getting your specific camera and lens combination in the mix can have some long odds. Rather than waiting for us to release a profile, you can create your own. The tool for doing so can be found here.

Additionally, someone in the community may have already created a profile for your camera/lens. Check here.

-Brett

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. No profiles created as yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2011 Jun 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working now for 6 years with Olympus cameras and for 4 years with lightroom as my RAW-converter.
But there isn't any camera-profile in lightroom for Olympus and it's lenses .
There are profiles of nearly all of the other types.
So my idea : Get Olympus and it's most needed lenses (12-60 f.e.) in the calibration and profilemodule .

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2011 Aug 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very disappointed that Adobe has not included ANY of the Olympus pro and semi pro lenses in the Lens Correction profiles in camera raw 6.4.1. I use the Olympus 12 - 60 SWD and 50 - 200 SWD semi-pro lenses which I believe thoroughly deserve to be included, along with others I am sure. Tamron, Sony and Pentax et al have been included. How can you justify none of the Olympus lenses? Disgraceful and somewhat elitist of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2011 Aug 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Olympus Micro Four-Thirds models (E-P1, etc.) we already have automatic distortion correction applied to raw files that are read into ACR and LR.

As for SLR models and lenses ...

We have been working with some lens vendors to build profiles. This can result in very high quality profiles, as they are based in part on the original optical design of the lens, and in part on real-world testing and tuning. A number of vendors have contributed to this effort (including Sigma, Tamron, Pentax, Leica, and Zeiss). Unfortunately we have not yet been able to supply profiles from Olympus in this vein for their SLR models, but that's not to say it won't ever come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old comment, but can you elaborate on your first paragraph? Does that mean that RAW files shot with Olympus cameras and lenses don't need further distortion correction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Raw files shot with Oly-Cameras do need a distortion correction. I've created a lot of panoramas and it was a very hard work to get all in a good way together. So I took the lens profile creator of Adobe and made my own lens profiles. Now it's even easier to build a panorama.
May be in a few days I get it linked on my homepage.
Then I'll show it here ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Raw files shot with Oly-Cameras do need a distortion correction. I've created a lot of panoramas and it was a very hard work to get all in a good way together. So I took the lens profile creator of Adobe and made my own lens profiles. Now it's even easier to build a panorama.
May be in a few days I get it linked on my homepage.
Then I'll show it here ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Oops, looks like my post from yesterday got deleted or never made it thru.)

Raw files shot with Micro Four-Thirds models already have a baseline level of distortion correction applied. This isn't quite the same as saying that they "don't need any further correction," though. In some cases, you may find that the results need a bit of tuning, which you can take care of using the Distortion slider in the Lens Correction -> Manual panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the distortion correction applied by the camera itself?
Because that only applies to Olympus cameras with Olympus lenses or Panasonic cameras with Panasonic lenses. They don't cross correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, please add support for Olympus Micro Four-Thirds lenses in the form of lens profile support (esp. M.Zuiko 1.8 12 mm and 45 mm primes)! I have read here that Lightroom would apply automatic distortion and vignetting correction... but when I pull down the list of manufacturers there isn't a single Olympus model (although the list contains some at least for me exotic sounding names)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for distortion correction for all MFT lenses and cameras has been there automatically since the beginning, for both Panasonic and Olympus cameras. This happens automatically, without any action needed by the user. You should not expect to find any profiles listed in the popups, because the corrections are always applied.

Details here: Cameras with built-in lens profile support

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Standard profile in Lightroom and ACR provides a very different color rendition that what the camera originally creates. Especially the skin tones have seen lots of praise all over the web and from many OM-D shooters.

I would like to ask for camera profiles that provide a color rendition as close to the original Olympus Picture Modes as possible. At least for the main ones (Vivid, Natural, Portrait, Muted).

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, the absence of camera calibration profiles for the OM-D was the concluding flaw that let me return my camera. I guess I'm forever spoiled by the fantastic color rendition LR provides for my D700 shots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - I had done some lens and camera profiles :
for the Olympus E-3 with the lenses :

12-60mm ED, f / 2.8 - 4.0

70-300mm ED, f / 4.0 - 5.6

and the Olympus E-5 with the lenses :

12-60mm ED, f / 2.8 - 4.0

50-200mm ED, f / 2.8 - 3.5

70-300mm ED, f / 4.0 - 5.6

You can find it here :

http://www.stefans-sichtweise.de/Bild...

this is a german site ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2013 Sep 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric- thanks for the answer here. I was wondering if you could include something to this effect on the Lens profile support page http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/mu... as nothing on that page mentions anything about automatically correcting profiles for MFT cameras. If you Google ACR lens profile support, you would never know that the MFT lenses have embedded profiles and automatic correction from the official Adobe page. I think this leads to a lot of confusion for folks about whether Adobe supports their cameras and a simple statement on the main page would go a long way to clearing this up. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2013 Sep 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good proposal!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You make a good point, Jeremy. I'll see what I can do. (In the past there were some non-technical constraints that prevented us from doing so.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens Correction does not support Olympus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's only sort-of true. There is no Olympus or Panasonic profile in Lens Corrections, but that is because Lightroom automatically auto-corrects for these lenses (it is not optional).

Some software packages like CaptureOne or Darktable don't do this and you can see what an uncorrected raw file looks like. With wide-angle lenses, the difference is very noticeable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roberto and Carolyn,

Micro Fourth Thirds cameras such as Olympus write lens correction data into the raw images they produce, and Adobe Camera Raw/Lightroom interprets and automatically applies the corrections. From there you can manually tune corrections in the Lens Corrections panel if necessary.

Regards,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason that Lightroom doesn't have a lens profile for the fuji x100s?

It's been out a while now, and the old X100 profile does not work automatically with X100s images.

Would be good to get fixed.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Fuji XF lenses have been around for a few years now, does anyone know when there will be Fuji XF Lens profiles? The Fuji XF cameras are very popular (VSCO even includes camera profiles for them) and lens profiles would be very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use LR5.6, but it was also the problem in previous versions.

In LR LIBRARY module, the CAMERA model (X-E1) and the LENS model (e.g. X18mm2 R) is correctly displayed.

In the LR DEVELOP module;
when you tick CORRECTION PROFILE, there is NO profile found.

In the TAB profile you can than select yourself the BRAND = FUJI
and select the MODEL/PROFILE, but the possible selections are than only: Finepix X100 or the Finepix X100S

OK, let's convert the RAF into DNG thru the latest Adobe DNG Converter 8.6 as the Fuji X-E1 should already be supported by since DNG Converter 7.2!
Well DNG Converter is a bit of a black box, you only know it is converting from native RAW to DNG raw file format.

Loading the DNG into LR5.6, to cut story short: SAME RESULT wrt LIBRARY and DEVELOP module.

Dear gents and ladies of Adobe, in what way can you say you support FUJI X-E1 with its X-lenses ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any plans to add this?

Votes

Translate

Translate