• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Need Native Support for WOS/CoPilot/ARM Devices

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need Support for WOS Devices (Windows on Snapdragon)

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
70 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweden is my location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got the new Microsoft Surface pro 11 with the Snapdragon Elite. Lightroom Classic is not visible in the Creative Cloud app and I am therefore not able to download it.
I found it on the web-based app and tried to download it from there, got the setup installation for LR Classic and when I launch that it just opens up my Creative Cloud app.

I have tried to uninstall everything and still nothing. I have the Adobe Photography Plan with Lr CC, Lr Classic and photoshop + 1tb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop">

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen capture of the Creative Cloud App after you have signed in, and then on the left click on Apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help everyone's understanding, please let us know if you are located outside of the US.  It appears that within the US, Creative Cloud will install the Intel version of LR Classic on Windows ARM processors and it will run correctly (though more slowly).  But for those outside of the US, the Creative Cloud refuses. 

If you're outside the US, some have reported that copying the entire LR Classic program folder from an Windows Intel computer to a Windows ARM computer works:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/lrc-on-windows-on-arm.50226/post-1335796

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently where you reside can effect how the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App treats the non Intel or AMD CPU Windows installs, or non MAC (Intel or Apple Silicon) . Inside U.S. the Intel app is available, outside U.S. nothing is available.

At any rate, running various Adobe Apps for Windows  on non Intel CPU, or ARM based, and/or this Snapdragon is questionable. And Adobe does not list in the system requirements, those being supported just yet.

No clue when that will be fixed.

Adobe Apps are not the only ones at issue:

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"At any rate, running various Adobe Apps for Windows  on non Intel CPU, or ARM based, and/or this Snapdragon is questionable."

The Creative Cloud app will happily install Windows Intel LR on Windows ARM machines in the US, and in fact Adobe fixed a "high priority" bug with such installations last year:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-win-arm-only-install-fails-in-ccd-app-when-i...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The application is not yet natively compatible. You have to turn to LR. Generally speaking, I tested the Samsung Snapdragon 84-100, and it's a disaster with DaVinci resolve, luminar.and certain functions in other photo and video software. In fact the PC completely crashes! I sent everything back to Samsung. I think Adreno is really not up to the task for this type of activity!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it still possible to install the windows AMD/Intel version on an ARM computer if your region is in North America?
how does it determine region? is it during install of CC app, during app launch, or is it account location?
Wondering if you can you just VPN to North America and install Lightroom Classic AMD/Intel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I verified just now that you can install the Intel version of LR Classic on a virgin Windows ARM, from an account with a California, USA address running on a computer on a California network:

johnrellis_0-1720283184841.png

I haven't seen anyone post authoritatively how the Creative Cloud desktop app determines where you are. I know people have speculated about using a VPN but haven't seen any authoritative results posted. If you try that, please post back here to help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience with LR, LRC and PS is "edit in Photoshop" doesn't work at all. No matter which version of LR/LRC nor PS (even PS beta).  If that's imporant.  Tried different versions, different installation order, remove pref. files, etc.  Just FYI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm planning to buy the new Surface Pro 11, which is ARM-based. They didn't took long to release the ARM version for MacOs when they started using M-series processors. Functions like Denoise will likely work slow as h4ll since emulation won't use NPU, only CPU or GPU. Considering all this and the fact that service is already expensive and subscription based, are we getting a release date anytime soon?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this works.  Am in Australia and just copied the intel LrC from my old surface go onto my new surface co-pilot and so far it seems to be working.  Have not tried anything fancy but at least can see my entire catalogue which is a step in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JuniorJr: "My experience with LR, LRC and PS is "edit in Photoshop" doesn't work at all. No matter which version of LR/LRC nor PS (even PS beta).  If that's imporant.  Tried different versions, different installation order, remove pref. files, etc.  Just FYI."

Hmm, the command Edit In Adobe Photoshop works with my configuration of LR 13.4 (Intel), PS 25.9.1 (ARM) on Windows 11 (ARM), installed via the Creative Cloud app in the US.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, sadly my versions are the same. And no updates available. It
did work for me literally the first time, but stopped and won't work
again. If it's working for you, must be something maybe I can find to
get it to work.
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using lightroom, but its not really a replacement for lightroom classic, to many missing features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm from Italy and I confirm that I cannot install LrC on my Surface Pro 11 with ARM through the CC application. I'll try to execute the work around installing on a x86 CPU laptop and than move the LrC folder on my Surface. 

I hope Adobe will allow to install it directly via CC application also ouside the USA, and better to develop a ARM native application in the next future! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought my new laptop today. I was pretty pleased when it arrived but that soon disappeared to be replaced by despair. I tried to upload and install Lightroom Classic, but I just got a message saying classic is not compatible. Any ideas when Adobe is going to get this sorted so I don't have to return the laptop and try and replace it? To be honest this is really annoying. Adobe and Microsoft are 2 of the biggest companies out there in their respective fields so I find it pretty hard to fathom how this is actually an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I talked to Adobe support, they told me that they where awaiting approval from Microsoft to release it, and that I should keep a lookout on this page

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/arm-processors.html

For updates. A few new applications have popped up all ready. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm the procedure to copy LrC folder from a Windows x86 to my Windows ARM works without issues so far. I'm able to import my old library and edit pictures and videos as well. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2024 Aug 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe.

Please enable LRC on Windows ARM, e.g. the new Snapdragon architecture.

It is well known, that the current LRC release runs well with the emulation, but the installation via CreativeCloud is nor supported.

Please enable the installation or provide us with a tailored ARM-version of LRC.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2024 Aug 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this method, and it works perfectly if you have an x64 Windows 11 computer. I've found that it is possible to copy all system files over to your ARM64 setup and it works perfectly as intended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2024 Aug 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried through VPN.. after using the clean tool thing. I set every location setting I could find to the USA... Didn't work.

I even tried creating a new account.. but can only pay by PayPal.. (the same as which I already have a subscription with) to which Adobe said; hey the location known for this payment account does not match.. so that didn't work either. Long story short, I think they determine location by payment mostly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2024 Aug 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try copying the system files from C:/Program Files/Adobe then put it in the same spot on your ARM64 PC. I had a few issues with the previous method last night, and decided to try this instead. I found this method here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/lrc-on-windows-on-arm.50226/

Votes

Translate

Translate