Highlighted

Lightroom export weird lines. Only in exported Image.

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom export weird lines. Only in exported Image.   Any ideas what would cause this on only the exported image?   I does not show up when viewing in lightroom.   I think it might be something to do with the display driver.   But have no idea.   Thanks

Annotation 2020-04-10 172216.jpg

Topics

Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom export weird lines. Only in exported Image.

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom export weird lines. Only in exported Image.   Any ideas what would cause this on only the exported image?   I does not show up when viewing in lightroom.   I think it might be something to do with the display driver.   But have no idea.   Thanks

Annotation 2020-04-10 172216.jpg

Topics

Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us two screen captures -- the image as seen in Lightroom, and the exported image with the wierd lines.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annotation 2020-04-10 182115.jpgAnnotation 2020-04-10 182235.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am inclined to suggest it is the artifact commonly called 'Banding' as a result of the JPG Bit depth reduction to 8bit with compression.

See- http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/jpeg-quality

I have seen suggested that introducing some 'Noise' (in Lr) to the blank sky areas can help overcome the banding.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not that, It happens for 16bit Tiffs also....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will have another 'stab' at an answer-

The development has really 'overcooked' the image! No wonder you see artifacts- even in the Lightroom Develop panel on the raw!

A 5 stop increase in Exposure. wow!

Shadows +100

Texture +63

Clarity +79

Dehaze +62

ScreenShot346.jpg

All will contribute to a breakdown of image details.

Reset and start again.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Its not that, It happens for 16bit Tiffs also...."

Then the banding is happening in the display path, which is only 8 bits. As WobertC   mentions the settings you've applied are pretty extreme, especially +5 Exposure. Try backing off the controls especially Dehaze and make sure your Export Color Space is set to sRGB to minmize banding.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In reality, was the sky blue, was it not black? To increase exposure or lets say brightness in components if the photo try local adjustments via adjustment brushes and turn range mask on and avoid including the sky behind the city, behind the fireworks. The mask need no be neat, by turning range on you can disclude the sky.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines