Highlighted

Sync local activity stuck but no error or warning

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In lightroom classic (latest version on creative cloud), the sync local activity is stuck at "syncing 86 photos" .  The sync activity shows 86 downloading, 5 uploading, 0 pending without any sync error/warning. A few days back, I rebuilt the sync data twice and this issue was resolved but it is frustrating to rebuild sync data so frequently. 

I noticed that .tiff files can not be synced but do not know how to remove from the sync library collection folder without deleting from the all collection. Any suggestion? 

I tried moving the .tiff to another unsynced collection and resuming the sync activity but did not work. 

Surprisingly, catalog shows "all synced photographs" one less than "All photographs".

Thank you for your help in advance.

TOPICS
Mac, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sync local activity stuck but no error or warning

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In lightroom classic (latest version on creative cloud), the sync local activity is stuck at "syncing 86 photos" .  The sync activity shows 86 downloading, 5 uploading, 0 pending without any sync error/warning. A few days back, I rebuilt the sync data twice and this issue was resolved but it is frustrating to rebuild sync data so frequently. 

I noticed that .tiff files can not be synced but do not know how to remove from the sync library collection folder without deleting from the all collection. Any suggestion? 

I tried moving the .tiff to another unsynced collection and resuming the sync activity but did not work. 

Surprisingly, catalog shows "all synced photographs" one less than "All photographs".

Thank you for your help in advance.

TOPICS
Mac, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 26, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I decided to rebuild sync data 3rd time and it worked. No more sync activity or photos stuck. The .tiff file is where it was. Is there a better solution than rebuilding the sync data now and then? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I noticed that .tiff files can not be synced but do not know how to remove from the sync library collection folder without deleting from the all collection. Any suggestion?"

From your post detail in italics, it appears you have a sub-Collection in which sit some .tiff files you would like to un-Sync?

Is that how you are working?

Screenshot might help explain.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony,

Indeed, I'm having sub-collections in which .tiff file is present. As I updated, the sync issue was resolved after rebuilding the sync data. Recently, I'm getting sync issue frequently and do not know any other solution  than rebuilding the sync data. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Adobe sync nightmare. We are I believe hundred of thousand people having this issue. Unfortunately, none has found how to fix it.
Adobe is aware since years but not doing any work apparently. I hope they are working on it in the background but have not released any fix yet.

Be patient. I am living with this issue since 2 years now.

Best Regards
Éric Pecquerie
Sent from Eric's IPad Pro

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

I hope adobe can find a better solution than to rebuild the sync data often. 

Best Regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0