• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Camera profiles won't sync to cloud

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I facing an issue with my Lightroom Cloud, where the camera profiles are not being uploaded to the cloud. I'm adding these profiles using Lightroom desktop app for Mac, however as they are not syncing, they are not available on Mobile/Web.

I've tried everything, removed, added them back, reinstalled the software, cleaned cr_cameraprofiles directory as well as completely removed the catalog and rebuilt it from the cloud. But for some reason - while they are available locally in Mac Lightroom Application, they won't upload to the cloud. After installing them, the sync gets stuck (I guess in uploading...) sync indicator keeps spinning, but nothing happens. .Pausing/resuming sync, won't do much either. Removing the profiles stops the sync, but the problem is not solved.

I'm a software engineer, and it does seem obvious to me that the issue is on the server side, where those profiles are either refused or not correctly processed. I cannot however access upload logs that apparently are not produced by Lightroom and I have no ability to debug the issue myself.  Tried to look for help on the Lightroom support chat, but all they did 3 times was confirm that the issue existed and disconnect.

How do I move from here? Looks like I've tried everything, nothing works and I really need those profiles in my mobile app.

I'm using latest Lightroom version 7.0 on MacOS Sonoma.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

The support team communicated this back to the thread as well. Thanks for the report. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The December 2023 updates contain an update for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
67 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having no difficulty syncing profiles across the ecosystem.

Are these DCP Profiles you've created with Adobe's DNG Profile Tool? 
Created by 3rd party software?
Purchased as part of a preset pack? 

My first thought is that one of your profiles is mal-formed and preventing the others from uploading.  Have you tried them one-at-a-time?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to upload both 3rd party profiles (from Cobalt Image, which are reportedly working fine for others) and my own (created using XRite Color Checker). I have personally not yet tried Cobal ones, but at least XRite generated ones used to sync properly in the past for me. I've performed an experiment, removed all the profiles and tried to install XRite generated profile individually but still it didn't go througt (it keeps spinning in the sync). If you have a profile that you're sure it's working fine I can try that one too.

Granted XRite is pretty standard and it has been working in the past, it seems more likely it is a local issue related to my account, which is quite old and quite big (120k photos/3TB of data).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear - if you remove all profiles, the sync resolves to 0 (Synced)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Technically, I need to restart Lightroom after removal, but then the sync stops on UI (it shows: Synced & Backed Up).

P.S. I've just tried with Adobe DNG Profile Editor generated profile, with the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue, with an almost identical set up. I am trying to sync Cobalt Image profiles from my Mac running Sonoma. I've used Proxyman to monitor the HTTP requests and it's the binary uploads that are failing with a reponse code of 415, Unsupported Media Type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update from my end. The issue only occurs in the latest versions (7.0.0 and 7.0.1). If you need profiles synced, a workaround is to add them with the previous version (6.5). I had a call today with Support Team and they've collected logs for furhter investigation so hopefully the fix is on the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The support team communicated this back to the thread as well. Thanks for the report. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated the LR App in my iphone. 

Now if I edit a photo and it has any picture profile on, after I move any item in Light (for example) it will reset the profile to import. 

i don't know if this is the cloud photo overriding local edits or if it's a bug. 

Even adjusting clarity, or highlights...anything will reset the picture profile to import. 

Super annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can't quite follow your video .. against what you say, sorry.

First - which phone and iOS? I'm on 16 and can't see what is happening to you.

What type of file are they? Raw, etc??

What settings do you have for Import? In App settings Import

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iphone 14 pro - iOS 16.7.0

RAW files

Its like this: 

My photos are synced through Adobe's cloud. 

The iphone should only download a Smart Preview 

If my photo is in Adobe Color at the moment, and convert it to Monochrome using any of the profiles I have installed, the moment I move any other setting (say Exposure), the photo reverts to Adobe Color. 

Hope this explains it better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. 

I've done more testing. 

I have Color Profiles from Cobalt. An Italian company. 

The issue seems to be happening only when I switch a photo color profile from whatever it has, to a new Cobalt profile. 

It's not happening with Adobe's or the camera's. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI

I contacted Cobalt and they could replicate the bug. They are now checking if it's something they can fix or if it is on the Adobe side. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any updates on this topic?I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with Calibrite Colorchecker Camera Calibration to create color profiles with their color card.  They do go into LR fine but will not go to the cloud.  Worked with Adobe support on this and they said this is a known issue and it is under investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

i work with a custom made Calibrite ColorChecker in Lightroom CC and Lightroom Mobile.

To get a faster workflow i also use Lightroom for Ipad/Iphone, but the ColorChecker Camera Profile is missing on both devices and i always get a error message for the missing profile.

What is the solution to get these custom profiles synced into Lightroom for Ipad/Iphone.

Re-installing the app does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Teari mg my hair out again with Lightroom.

I use LR classic and LR for iPad at the moment. I've started doing film and slide conversions for which I use Negative Lab Pro and linear profiles in Classic

I followed instructions to add these profiles to the iPad 

1) install LR desktop

2) import profiles into LR desktop

3) allow profiles to sync

I added all the camera profiles last night. They are available in LR Desktop but they still have not appeared in LR Web or LR IPad. The Desktop app says it is syncing but it has been doing that for 12 hours!! The internet is working on my PC.

Now have no idea what to do as there is not even a way to easily remove the profiles I added and retry as I can only see the ones relevant to the camera I was using at the time.

Any help much appreciated as this is driving me insane!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue with PC version. Installed the Neg Lab Pro profiles (installed all of them as instructed, though there are 900mb of them!!) Trouble is I can't even delete them from Desktop because only the ones for my camera appear and there's no obvious directory where they are stored locally for sync.

they work fine on the local pc though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talked with Cobalt. They say it's not a problem with their profiles, but on Adobe engine. That Adobe broke something in the sync engine in the cloud. 

That it's some sort of new architectural limitation set by Adobe. 

Only thing I tried was to delete the app, reinstall and resync my cloud. The problem persists and it is not present on Lightroom cv or Lightroom classic. 

Don't know what else to do. 

Many suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that my post was moved by a moderator to this thread. I have to differentiate my issue with others in this thread. My profiles do sync, they just are unable to "stick". This affects Cobalt BW profiles only (in my case). Even if the photo is edited on my desktop Lightroom, when the synced photo is opened on my iPhone LR, and any setting move. The profile is reset to whichever color profile was default for that photo on import. According to Cobalt, as I stated in my previous post, the issue is on Adobe's side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing profiles won't sync

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same issue here. Older profiles are working, but if I try add any new profiles they don't sync. I'm using the latest lightroom cc on Mac and mobile. Trying to sync cobalt profiles.

I've tried:

• deleting the profiles from lightroom and re importing
  • Deleting the profile files files from inside lightroom on my MacBook and reimporting
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling lightroom and reimporting
  • Doing all the above steps on my Mac mini to see if it was my MacBook 
  • Deleting and reinstalling lightroom mobile

Nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a new camera profile with ColorChecker and imported it into the desktop version of LR (Vers. 7.0 / Win 10). I can work with the profile in this application.
Unfortunately, the profile is not transferred to the cloud. In the desktop version, I get the message "Items are being synchronised" and this has been going on for days. When I open an image (that has the profile) in Lightroom Web, I get the error message "This profile is missing".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue happened to me; I even made a post about it in the bugs section but it was moved to discussion.

I have camera profiles in DCP format from a preset pack. None of the profiles sync to my IPad pro.

I was told the devs are aware of it and that Apple OS infrastructure doesn't allow us to manually import presets and profiles like other non Apple devices.

What I don't understand is that how can xmp files sync over cloid, but not DCP, despite not being big in file size.

I am not sure if syncing custom camera profiles is something that worked in the past versions, but I can only hope a new version comes out soon that fixes it. It's highly annoying and really inexcusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Negative Lab Pro in Lightroom Classic which uses its own custom dcp profiles. I have added these profiles in Lightroom CC macOS (13.6.1) and they appear and work, however they do not appear in Lightroom CC iOS. If I try to add the profiles again I'm told they are already imported. The Lightroom CC macOS sync dialog shows 'syncing items' and has not changed in days. I have tried rebooting but nothing has changed.

macOS 13.6.1

iOS 17.0.3

Lightroom macOS 7.0.0

Lightroom Classic 13.0.1

Lightroom iOS 9.0.0

I have tried contacting adobe on their webchat but it's been a real struggle trying to stay connected - they've been very helpful when connected but the system seems very unreliable..

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 09.56.21.jpg

IMG_0FF561A5DAD9-1.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate