• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Desktop: Resets recently edited photos randomly and won't shut down

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this happen more than a few times: Lightroom clears all my edits from a photo, when I change selection to a next photo. I've lost more than days' worth of work since I haven't every time notice this happening, and it's a real bummer to see all edits gone after editing dozens of photos in one session. Also, each time this happens, the Lightroom app won't shut down and has to be force quitted. 

There has to be a solution for this, right? 

I'm using version 3.3 on a 2018 MacBook Pro.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
48 Comments
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I am completely up to date with version 4.1. Preference reset doesn't help. @Rikk any updates on this problem? We're losing hours of work for absolutely no reason. Really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been unable to reproduce this failure so far. At this point, what we need is reproducible instructions as to how to create this error condition. 

Can those of you on this thread who are still experiencing this issue provide step by step, detailed instructions for how to reproduce this consistently?

With your step by step instructions include your OS and OS version number. Thank you. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk  

1. Mac OS Big Sur 11.1

2. Transfer photos on SD card to HD.

3. Launch Lightroom and create a new album. Import selected photos to the album.

4. Edit photos. This is where the problem occurs. As I go through editing the photos, I will notice that some appear to have reverted to the original settings. I'll click on the photos and all my edits will be completely gone. It happens every time I use Lightroom for the past 2 weeks. I just, right now, lost a full hour of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is currently a bug that will cause edits to be lost if you exit Lightroom before moving to the next image to commit the sync but that would only affect a maximum of one image per launch/relaunch.

Are you seeing multiple images fail on a single launch? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. While I'm editing photos if you click on past photos or go into a grid mode, then randomly a dozen photos will revert back to unedited form. Obviously you guys haven't fixed this yet as many people are having this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spoken to engineering and they need to obtain a fresh diagnostic log immediately after this happens.  The previous cause was fixed in 4.0 and this occurrence is likely different.

The next time you see this occur: 

For LrDesktop

Go to Preferences

Account Section

Hold down the [Opt/Alt] key to make [Diagnostic Log] button appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Update on the issue: I've just built a PC running Windows 10. I was previously running MacOS. The same edit-deleting-issue I was experiencing on MacOS is happening on Windows 10 as well. This is a brand new build-just installed the software yesterday. Everything is completely up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to get the diagnostic log I requested in the post above this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk  I hadn't seen that reply, but I've just generated two logs for you today. One is a brush tool issue, and one was this particular issue of having my edits reverted after restarting Lightroom to fix said brush tool issue. I have a detailed description in both logs. I'm still editing for another few hours, so I'll submit another log when I lose edits without restarting the app. How, exactly, can I get the logs to you? Looks like the link option here is only for hyperlinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've contacted you for one of the two logs. 

For your brush tool issue, you should start a new thread as it is unrelated to this thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the logs. Our engineer has initiated a fix for the next release of Lightroom Desktop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I edit a photo and move on to the next photo directly, edits are not saved maybe 10% of the time.

If I return to the grid view first, edits are always saved.

This has been an issue since the last 4.1 update (20201120-1311-17d302b, Windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. Please review the official answer (if any) in the second post on the thread for more information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom 4.1 (the latest update as of today, March 12, 2021) on Windows 10. I built this computer about 1 1/2 months ago and dealt with this same Lightroom issue on my iMac running Catalina.

The past few months I've been having issues with lightroom reverting all the edits I complete on random photos. The photo will still appear edited and cropped with the other photos in the album along the bottom, but when I click on it all the settings are reverted back to original. 

I was part of a thread a month or two ago with a few other people having this same issue. One of the Adobe representatives asked for a diagnostic log. I downloaded diagnostic logs after 2 or 3 separate instances and sent them over. Never got a reply or an update. I'm still losing hours and hours of my work every week. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. Please review the official answer (if any) in the second post on the thread for more information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Can you guys tell me if old works were reecovered with some kind of fix I have lots lots and lots of rendom edits in  over a year of catalogs and I am curious if there was a recovery process for this? I haven't found much about this problem anywhere else

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have lost several years of edits ,nobody wants to know about it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So very sorry to hear about that, I hope you come across a fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gordonf58076497 Sorry to hear that. What is the link to the thread where you've reported the issue and attempted troubleshooting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same issue today, for some reason all my edits are lost 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2024 and I'm still having this issue. It's infuriating. Sometimes restarting solves it but only for a few photos then it happens agian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Fourth King 

You’ve posted to an ancient thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same one you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better off posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information, including system information, a complete description of the problem, and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

If the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate