• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (Masking) Preset Pulldown - "copy slider settings" completely ignores new Color Point panel

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Oct 2023 (7.0) brings point color settings. However, when used in a mask, it is completely ignored by Copy/Paste slider settings.

Steps to reproduce:

1. For two photos, create a mask each, and mess around with the point color panel (maybe mess around with the other sliders too)

2. Copy slider settings from the mask from the first photo

3. Paste slider settings onto the mask on the second photo

4. Observe that the other sliders change, but the point color panel does not change at all.

---

Lightroom version: 7.0 x64 [ 20230927-2320-8b251c5 ] (Sep 27 2023)
NGL Version: 1.35.0.19
WF Version: 6.0 743769e
VF Version: 1.0.135.7
HIL Version: 40409
CAI Version: adobe_c2pa/0.7.6 c2pa-rs/0.25.2

Operating system: Windows 10
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro (2009)

Internal Camera Raw version: 16.0 [ 1677 ]

-----------------------------
I have a 5900X, an RTX 3090 and 128GB of RAM. Yet Lightroom chokes on a fricking 24MP photo.
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

After seeing your video I was able to piece in the missing information  (namely that you were in the Preset Pulldown when selecting your 'copy' operation. We already had a bug logged for this, so I've crossreferenced your post against that existing bug. 

Thank you for the report and the video. 

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The December 2023 updates contain an update for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
6 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to duplicate this using your instructions. 

Make sure in the "Choose which settings to copy…" dialog you are selecting both Masking and Color>Point Color. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

I am referring to the "Copy Slider Settings" button on the masking panel, not the Choose Edit Settings to copy.

They do very different things. "Choose which settings to copy" ala Ctrl+C will copy both the slider settings and the masking selections. If you paste into another photo and select merge mask, sure all the sliders are there, but you will completely overwrite the selection.

The "Copy slider setting" function here has always been there for you to copy and paste the slider settings ONLY without affecting the existing selections in the mask.

An actual use case in my workflow is to apply the same settings to an object in the photo, but the object has moved from one photo to the next, so I cannot use the "Choose which settings to copy" dialog because that overwrites the mask selections as well.

Finally, I believe Color, Point Color in the "Choose which settings to copy" dialog you are referring to is the global point color setting, not the mask. Also, make sure the destination mask also has some other point color setting.

I have a 5900X, an RTX 3090 and 128GB of RAM. Yet Lightroom chokes on a fricking 24MP photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarifications. Exactly what you were attempting was not clear from your previous instruction set. However, I am still not able to replicate what you are seeing. 

Can you provide better step-by-step instructions for replicating this? The more detail, the better will be the opportunity to reproduce.  Even better would be to post a video so I can follow your steps exactly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instructions are the same: have two masks on two photos with different color point settings, attempt to copy slider settings for the first photo, then attempt to paste slider settings on the mask on the second photo.

This is video evidence. You can see the first photo only has two samples in the point color panel, the second photo has five. When I paste slider settings, the other sliders (exposure) changed, but the point color panel is completely untouched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After seeing your video I was able to piece in the missing information  (namely that you were in the Preset Pulldown when selecting your 'copy' operation. We already had a bug logged for this, so I've crossreferenced your post against that existing bug. 

Thank you for the report and the video. 

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The December 2023 updates contain an update for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate