• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding photos from files on iPad doesn't work with network drive

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Lightroom for iPad I'm trying to add photos from a Synology network drive (SMB share). I navigate to Add Photos > From Files, navigate to the folder containing the photos I want to add.

I can see the files, but tapping on a file does nothing. Going into select mode, selecting a collection of files and hitting "open" or "done" also does nothing (except leave select mode). No error, the file selector stays open. It's tried both raw and jpeg images. Both the same.

Adding photos from "On my iPad" works fine.

I _have_ had this working for me previously, but it's been a while since I last did it. It's only now that it's not working for me.

Technical info:

Lightroom for iPad version 7.4.1 (latest)

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd gen

iPadOS 15.5

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom iOS really expects to import from camera memory or cameras connected via USB, but additional types of connected USB storage devices *might* also work.  I bet the LR Desktop app is more robust in this regard.  

In short, if Apple Photos is able to see/browse and import from your connect storage to your iPad camera roll, then Direct Import should also work for Lightroom as the app relies on APIs provided by Apple to read from storage devices.
Lightroom iPad hasn't changed functionality in Direct Import From Camera Device or From Files for a long time.  If From Files fails, does From Camera Device work?  You might want to review the FAQ on this: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/import-mobile-ios.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Charlie. FWIW I was able to get this to work eventually by re-mounting the SMB share in the files app. I had worked around the problem by importing via the web app and when I tried to _export_ to the network drive, that didn't work either, but it did give me an error message which eventually led me to try re-mounting the drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines