• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t import Images from whatsapp

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a week I can’t import images that are send to me using WhatsApp. All other images are no problem... How can I solve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

It should have been fixed in last week's release across the mobile and desktop platforms. Are you continuing to have issues? If so, which software and which version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about photoshop in creative cloud? I am unable to load images sent to me via whatsapp in photoshop... and no it doesn't need to be updated. In fact, it used to work just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got Elements Organizer 2019 still doing this. Is there not a fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Day.

Is there a patch for InDesign CS6 for the issue where the whatsapp photos doesn't import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes please.. huge prolem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a free and open source utility to fix this issue. I've created it several months ago: https://github.com/cdefgah/whatsapp-jpeg-repair

Compiled binary releases here: https://github.com/cdefgah/whatsapp-jpeg-repair/releases

Expand "Assets" section and download binary package, relevant to your platform.

MacOS users, please note the important section in the readme file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this free and open source utility to fix broken whatsapp images: https://github.com/cdefgah/whatsapp-jpeg-repair

By the link posted above there is source code and documentation.

To download compiled binaries check this link: https://github.com/cdefgah/whatsapp-jpeg-repair/releases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue, Illustrator 2022 v.26.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think all adobe software doen't support .jpeg image from whatsapp until today. I don't know why.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue, won't open anything from WhatsApp,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a free and open source utility to fix this to fix broken whatsapp images.

The source code and documentation: https://github.com/cdefgah/whatsapp-jpeg-repair

Compiled binary releases: https://github.com/cdefgah/whatsapp-jpeg-repair/releases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem for approximately 2 weeks now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy fix. Open first the Whatsapp image on any image viewer and then save them as jpg. I use IrfanView which helps me also to enlarge images without loosing our resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you have many broken files it would be better to process them at once. I've created a free and open source utility to fix this issue.

Source code and docs: https://github.com/cdefgah/whatsapp-jpeg-repair/releases

Compiled binary releases: https://github.com/cdefgah/whatsapp-jpeg-repair/releases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am also having this problem,

photoshop alerts "could not complete your request because a SOFn DQT or DHT jpeg marker is missing"

HELP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem as me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aynı hata ile karşılaştım. Bazı "JPEG" formatlarının sıkıştırılması sırasında yaşanan bir sorun var. Detaylı teknik bilgiye sahip değilim. Ama çözümü basit. JPEG uzantılı dosyayı, "PAINT" programında açıyorsunuz ve hiçbir değişiklik yapmadan! "KAYDET" diyorsunuz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, i found a workaround on Mac:

Change the file extension from *.jpeg to *.jpg.

Right click and open the files in the Screenshot-app that appears in 'open with'.

Hit 'save' and close Screenshot.

Now I was able to open the files in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just called Adobe Support. They told me that some video cards aren't compatible with the last Photoshop update. You have to update your driver, if it doesn't work, you have to open the image in Paint, save as jpg again and than open in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I am doing at present. It's a pain having to go through paint .Never had problem with my old element 8 .Vijay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, my apologize if I mispelled some words but english is not my mother tongue.

When I import WhatsApp pictures from my cellphone to my laptop there is no problem, but when I import WhatsApp pictures using photoshop it appears an error.

I changed the extension from ".jpg" to "jpeg" and the error was solved.

I hope it helps you, guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks pal. Solved my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open picture with Paint. Re-save as JPEG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Works. THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just open it in PAINT then save it (just open and hit the icon save whitout doing anything else) and there you go... now Photoshop will open it whitout problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines