• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t import Images from whatsapp

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a week I can’t import images that are send to me using WhatsApp. All other images are no problem... How can I solve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

It should have been fixed in last week's release across the mobile and desktop platforms. Are you continuing to have issues? If so, which software and which version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening with all images or just those captured by a specific device?

It is working OK for me on my Samsung Galaxy. After clicking the blue plus icon, I scroll to the gallery (folder) named Whats App Images, expand the gallery to show all and then make selections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only happens with pictures that are send to me using whatsapp. So they are not taken with my phone.

They appear on my Photo app. Unable to import in LR mobile tho. All other images are no problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the images are in Photos you should be able to import. After clicking the plus icon choose Library or Photo Library.

Otherwise try from your web app in a browser. Log-in here:

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnx for thinking with me. But it won't work...

I reinstall the app and I give my phone a reset. But nothing...

I tried the web app on my phone, but then he keep rendering them. They also won't appear in my regular app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me.
I can save a *.jpeg file from Whatsapp to my desktop, and when I import it I get a "Preview unavailable for this file" and after importing, I just get a black image.

I can open the file using windows paint etc.

I can open the file using Google photos, on the phone and on the web.

I can save the file from the web, to the desktop and open it using windows utilities (Paint, Paint 3d, Picassa), but not import it into lightroom.

Very Strange

Lightroom Classic CC 7.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to Lightroom Classic CC 7.4, and it now works.
Even Stranger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very simple, open the file in preview in Mac and Microsoft Office Pict in Windows and then export it as PNG file and save it. Then open in Adobe Photoshop it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images from What's App are saved to my Photos app... have you checked to see if the images you want are there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There appears to be a specific issue with the Whats App jpeg file. We are looking into it.

Thank you for your report.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any progress on this one already? This is really annoying if you have to deal with lots of these kind of photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

Has the solution been found on the error being encountered from importing Whatsapp photos into Lightroom?  I get an error that says:  Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should have been fixed in last week's release across the mobile and desktop platforms. Are you continuing to have issues? If so, which software and which version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rikk.  I am using Lightroom version: 5.7.1 with a Perpetual license.  Let me know how I can get this fix.  Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to upgrade to 7.4 to get the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks.  What if I switch to Lightroom CC?  Will that solve the issue too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you are using 1.4 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't either Vijay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 7.5 LR Classic CC and 1.5 Lightroom CC and it's still not working!!! I have an iMac with MacOs High Sierra 10.13.6. This is really annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to import whatsApp photos into Lightroom, but there is not image visible. In addition the extension is .jpg -

I have:

Lightroom version: CC 2015.12 [ 1125239 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Operating system: Windows 10
Version: 10.0 

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Bridge, and converted to DNG. Now I can see the thumbnail in Lightroom, but there is a message saying there was an error working with the file. Not all of them, only most of them. i did it a second time using the Custom Export Option and all are ok. Lot of extra work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom classic cc has the same problem since approx. May 15 (Adobe update)

and Lightroom cc opens the pics, but cannot export the files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by 7.4 - is this adobe or the phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy 6.   I cannot see pictures in my version of adobe which is version 8 and I do have other What App Images in Adobe which have been sent to me by a third party.  Why has it stopped working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

inDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines