• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud Storage Full - Delete doesn't work

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been racking my brains now and I need some help please.

My Cloud Storage in CC says 16GB out of 20GB. I'm deleting photos from LR CC and LR Mobile but it's having no difference on the cloud storage. I've also gone to Assests and Archive and it says I have no files uploaded at all. I'm completely baffled by this and wondered if someone can help me please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Are you deleting from All Photos? Deleting from an album will not remove from the cloud.

It is possible to delete from your Lr web app. Log-in at the link below. Go to All Photos and select the images you want deleted, then click the trash can icon on the blue menu at the top and confirm you wish to delete permanently.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you deleting from All Photos? Deleting from an album will not remove from the cloud.

It is possible to delete from your Lr web app. Log-in at the link below. Go to All Photos and select the images you want deleted, then click the trash can icon on the blue menu at the top and confirm you wish to delete permanently.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, I've been deleting albums thinking it would delete the photos, but it doesnt. So confusing.

Deleting from All Photos doesn't delete them from Classic does it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

leejmoff  wrote

Deleting from All Photos doesn't delete them from Classic does it?

No, deleting images from the cloud does not delete them from Classic, it just stops them from syncing by removing them from the All Synced Photographs collection in Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same confusion. This was very helpful. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the introduction of the deleted tab, files permanently deleted immediately free up cloud storage space but remain available for 60 days should you wish to restore one or more.

DeletedTab.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did the following test:

Checked Storage. = 9.22MB of 100GB possible

Added 7 11MB raw images thru Lr CC desktop

Storage went to 77.19 MB almost instantly

Then I deleted 3 of the images using Lr CC Web and the other 4 using Lr CC desktop

Within 20 seconds the usage dropped back to 9.22MB

Point is - The Adobe system seems to be working quite well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the exact same problem.

i uploaded 32GB with the 1TB subscription, changed to 20GB subscription plan, and, of course it was 32/20 GB full.

I deleted all files, but adobe tells me i still use 32 GB of my available 20GB.

support contacted 2 times, they are not helping.

on adobe cloud website there are no files uploaded at all. neither in the  trash bin nor in the archive.

please adobe, just fix this issue for me ! im paying for it, so do your job please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Lr Classic and open your synced catalogue. Let sync complete, and important verify that it has downloaded all the photos you expect. Double check.

Now go into Classic's Preferences, LRCC, and choose Delete All Data. It'll ask you to confirm.

That should be it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you just safed the adobe support a lot of time and work.

impossible, that the support is not able to do in weeks what u did in a few lines.

just a very very bad user experience. if you not told me, i would never ever find this option / website.

thank you a lot in the name of the next adobe supporter, you saved him from my anger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed support a couple months ago. I'm talking to someone in India, and omg.....very time consuming, very frustrating. When I have time, i'm going to learn ALL of my Affinity on my IPad, and load it on my IMac.  I hate this freakin' system they developed!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this issue and have emptied the cloud trash and done the "delete all data" online and it still shows over half my 20gb storage used.  It's insane there is no place to go that just shows every file in your cloud storage in one place.  Support was also contacted and just had me jump through all the hoops just to say that it's going to the backend team and who knows from there.  Just give me a reset all storage or a real delete all cloud data button please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact Same issue here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem after deleting about 15 file in the cloud storage, the cloud storage went up 2 gb,, it was 19 gb after permanantly deleted 15 files the storage usage went up to 21 gb and keep warning me limit is approching.what went wrong ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also trying to free up cloud storage. I can delete one file at a time but need to delete 1000 files. I have searched for a way to select all and can not find it Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe being Adobe - making updates no one wants and changing things around as if no one ever used their products before and wants some continuity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read through all of these blogs and tried it all. Folders say empty and still my storage is full and not syncing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you are running into issues here.  It looks like none of your storage is associated with Lightroom, so if you have not yet reviewed, please look at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/delete-files-permanently.html -- the process for reclaiming storage is different for non-Lightroom cloud storage.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done exacctly per instruction and deleted 15 files permanantly  , mybcloud staorage instead of reducing it went up 2gb from19 t0 21 gb, What is going on ?? I am pying every month for the servies this is what I get ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one more point to add, I am only using adobe photoshop, light room is not in used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines